• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help needed to keep cats off a shed roof!

albo

Warren Scout
I have a shed in my garden which the neighbours cats seem to like to sit on, the only problem is they sit there and watch our bun running around, she runs free in the garden....does anyone know of anything i can put on the shed roof to stop them sitting there!?

i have been creeping up on them and throwing water at them,but i had a near miss this morning as there were people in the garden to the back of me and they nearly got a soaking!

Any ideas will be welcome!

cats arnt to bad nine times out of ten the cat ends up worse off to be honest, mums got her neighbours bunny from over the road in her garden all the time(another story:roll: tried and failed to help) mum has cats the bun hops over cat runs off, my bun used to try and mount my neighbours cat :lol: she used to try and bop him on the nose but because he never ran away she was confused,the cat never used her claws, funny thing was if another cat came in my garden the cat would chase him off, "if i cant beat him neither can you :lol:" its rare that a domestic cat goes for a rabbit,

obviously just observe, but theres not a lot you can do to stop the cat, just watch your rabbit

i would suggest something but think many a person woould think it mean. but could you get that stuff stay off my patch and put it on.

You could try some spiky plant prunings, but it might be a pain keeping them on the roof. Or a supersoaker and blast them off. We found the best way of keeping cats out of the garden is get one yourself. We used to have a black cat and despite her tiny size, not even the big hairy tomcats would dare set paw in the garden.

Most cats are just content to watch domestic rabbits as they are a bit too big and territorial to tackle. Most rabbits caught by cats are wild babies just out of the nest.

orrrrrrrrrrrr you could try the rubber spike strips things you can get dont how much they cost though

We used to use a measuring jug filled with water, giz would always let us know when there were cats around by thumping but they used to just walk to jus past where the water would reach. So we got a water pistol! no more cats in our garden now!! He is a very strange bunny though! when he was outside in his hutch, if there was a cat in the garden, or at our new house, round the corner on our shed, he would thump away, yet one brave cat used to sit in front of his hutch, and on its roof and paw the wire, and there wasn't a thump to be heard!!:roll:

Back