• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fine Grind Critical Care

Bellas currently on critical care...

It has been a nightmare..

Shes getting there now.

I imagine that will be much easier!

Sounds good!

Do you know how long it lasts unopened? I'm thinking of getting a packet in for emergencies because I can't seem to get Oxbow products locally.

I've used that Noah's Ark one, but I think it's more of a short term thing for replacing lost vitamins, minerals, etc, in weakened animals...probably not enough fibre for long term feeding.

Jill, are you going to be around Notts in the next week or so? I had to nick Ange's carrier on Saturday, and had arranged to drop it into the vets for her to pick up, but would probably be safer to hand it straight over to you if you're going to be up this way.

Yep the other one is by the same manufacturer as Avipro..which is for support for minierals etc..so should be a bit more than that:?

but agree the Oxbow is preferred so this new product is very welcome..saves me chopping ends of syringes!

and as a tip to anyone else reading this..I always keep in some fruit or veg baby foods..check label so are only fruit, veg and rice powder..they are great for mixing with CC and encouraging an animal to eat..have saved many buns with them

It works out a lot more expensive than the original one.

Now I have figured out that a 2.5ml syringe can suck up the original I think I will stick to that.

It works out a lot more expensive than the original one.

Now I have figured out that a 2.5ml syringe can suck up the original I think I will stick to that.

it does but sometimes a ill bunny doesn't want to chew..so a finer one would be easier for a sick rabbit to swallow:D

True but I fine the more watered down the easier it is for them to let it drip out of their mouths.

Each bunny seems to like a different consistancy too.

I hope the new version makes it easier for you :D

I wonder if you could grind the standard stuff more (pestle & mortar?) to make it easier if that's what you have to hand/left over.

I wonder if you could grind the standard stuff more (pestle & mortar?) to make it easier if that's what you have to hand/left over.

probably..I have also used ordinary pellets soaked and mushed up..it depends how ill and how long the bun has been poorly..if its just a post spey stop eating..mushed up pellets with baby food gets them going

if its an illness related problem then they need the added minerals and support vits which are in CC
I know this is just another way to sell something extra but for those with only a couple of buns ..saves them the trouble of grinding/mushing and vandalising a syringe!:D

Some people save the powder from the bottom of bags of pellets to use when syringe feeding, but I think you'd have to add extra vitamins, etc, and also buy an air tight container to store it in...so probably wouldn't work out much cheaper.

Back