• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Hs anyone else noticed the bags of carefresh are getting smaller but are still the same price? Its gone from 10 ltr to 6 ltr! Its getting very expensive now and one bag only does one clean!
Anyone use anything similar that is easily available? (and cheaper lol)

I know its 6l compressed and expands to 14 litres. Is that what you mean? Or have they actually shrunk?

They also do a 60 litre now.

I know its 6l compressed and expands to 11 litres. Is that what you mean? Or have they actually shrunk?

They also do a 14 litre (compressed) now.

On the last bag i brought it said 10 ltr recovers to 14ltr £3.29 then the one i just got now says 6ltr recovers to 10ltr and it still cost me £3.29!

is carefresh better for house bunnies then?

Don't get me wrong i love the carefresh its brill we use it for the outdoor buns as well now but the price is really getting to me!
I have seen some people suggest megazorb which i have found 85 ltr for £5.50 online which is way cheaper so i might buy one bag to see what its like.

i prefer megazorb pretty much the same stuff but a lot cheaper about £5 a bag think that is for 85litres the hay experts sell it for £6.99 for that size bag :)

yep Megazorb is the way to go if you're looking for a direct alternative to carefresh - it's the same just in smaller pieces.

I use megazorb for the buns all the time - in their litter trays. But I used it once for the hamsters and it went all over the floor as its small enough to go through the gaps on the cage! So I still use Carefresh for the hamsters :roll:

But i'll have to have a good look at the size of the bag next time i'm buying some!

Megazorb is really good, it lasts me ages, and it soaks up pee very well. they are 85ltr bags! I brought 2 for under £10 :D

I have use carefresh before, but I found that it can get expensive.

The bags of carefresh are nearly £5 now :shock: And they are so tiny! I used to use it but was spending about £20 a week on the stuff so switched to Megazorb which costs me about £8 every two weeks, its pretty much the same stuff :) x

Back