• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overnight run?? U/D so much better

weeble

My buns have a shed with a run attached which they have free run of during the day.The shed is on concrete as is the run so they can't dig out. I have been shutting them in just the shed at night but the last couple of nights they have completely trashed it - dug up the lino, pulled all the hay out and scattered it, upturned one litter tray and dragged the other into the middle of the floor :roll::( I have thought about leaving them with access to the run overnight and I'm just wondering what other people with sheds/hutches with runs attached do over night do you shut in or leave them free?

Last edited:
I always leave mine with access to runs.

If a run isn't secure enough for the night time, then it's not secure enough for the day either.

After being with Princess, Charlie took up the habit if chewing aaggghhhhh. When she died, I did lock him up in the hutch at night, however he started to chew that, so I just leave them both with full access, and it has stopped the chewing.

thank you I wanted to let them have the run at night I think I just needed someone to tell me it was ok :oops:

If a run isn't secure enough for the night time, then it's not secure enough for the day either.

agree with this comment completely! marsha and casper are left in the run for atleast 8 hours a day, they have somewhere to hide, they have shelter and its secure. x

F,B &T's hutch/run is on concrete and as the run's mesh is totally bomb proof mine have free access. Rog and I got home around Midnight last night and noticed that all three were huddled in a corner of the run instead of being nice and cosy upstairs in the hutch:roll: Their choice I suppose:lol:

Back