• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does your bun sleep much?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
just wondering how much on average your buns sleep....I never saw any of mybuns sleeping till I got Apache, he spends ages lying flat on his side with his eyes shut and doesnt wake up for noise etc.....wondered if this is normal or if he's poorly, very worried :( :(

here he is, the big silly:

apachesleeping.jpg

looks like a white version of alvin... he never seems to be awake :roll:

i shut the front door the other day while alvin was flopped and he never flinched..he sleeps deep :lol::lol:

Aw he's a sweetheart :love:

I would take it as a huge compliment that he sleeps so soundly. It means he really feels safe with you and trusts you.

Bobbin

PS mine all sleep sound except when I've been round for a nail clip and a bum check:lol:

I have a white bunny 'Honey' and she sleeps really soundly and doesn't wake up for noise etc but it's because she's deaf! I have heard that all white cats are deaf but I haven't been able to find out if its the same for rabbits? Maybe Apache is deaf, or hard of hearing and thats why he doesn't wake up for noise.

thank goodness for that, I was worried he was doing that thing rabbits do when they are really poorly but only show the slightest of symptoms.ta everyone

He's adorable! :love:

Mine don't seem to sleep that much, but occasionally they will completely conk out and not wake for anything, and they look adorable when they do.

First time i saw one of mine asleep like that i thought he was dead:shock::shock:I nearly had a fit.See him like that often now:lol::lol:

It is normal hun.Smokey has been doing it for the last two years.Never see my other two doing it though:?

my heart stops when i havent seen alvin flop too... you will get used to it hun... just look very closely for a twitchy nose and leave him to sleep :D

he must be very happy and secure to totally sleep, eyes shut the lot :love::love:

alvins dead pose :)
DSC00891-1.jpg

I used to get some real scares when Bungee did that, the number of times I've stood in front of her watching closely to see if she was breathing and my heart racing as I was convinced I couldn't see her breathing, then she'd roll over and look surprised :roll: There's even been times there were wolves howling on the television and I'd look at the bunnies to see if they seemed worried and she'd be spark out :lol: I've now got Esme doing it but she seems to breathe more deeply so I don't go into panic the same!

Last edited:
Back