• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Don't Know What To Do..

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
I was in my "local" P@H earlier, getting some hay & treaty bits for the buns and notice we're now "lucky" enough to have an adoption centre :roll:

There was a hamster, two gerbils and two buns. One of the buns clearly had been a child's pet (it was called Lilo (Lilo & Stitch I presume?)) and it was as skittish as hell; I very, very gently touched it (to stroke) and it bolted to the other side of the cage (which was tiny).

I had to stop myself from crying at this point.

We got the hay & bits and went shopping in town; but I couldn't stop thinking about that poor girl.

OH & I talked about taking her and re-habbing her & then re-homing her privately through here for example - I think it's pretty clear that in the state she was in no-one else would have her. I'm tempted to say if she's still there the next time we go in we'll take her, but I know she will be :cry:

Should I take her? What would you do?

I think it depends on your circumstances - do you have the time space money etc for her and will you be able to give her up when it comes to rehoming. Its so hard isnt it there are so many I want to take home:(

I'll have the space in about 30 mins when OH has finished laying laminate in the dining room :lol: and I have the time & money for one - maybe two - but no more, but like you say I'd want to help them all...

Go with your heart - I would of had her like a shot - I cant bring myself to go to our P@H.!

I am guilty of getting a rabbit and guinea pigs from the adoption part. So I would say yes:D
Sallyx

i took in stitch and rehomed him after having his vacccs etc done on here very successfully he was a 1 eyed rabbit, it is up to you whether you want to or not. i recently have taken in an old boy off freeads with intention of rehab and rehome as well. it wil lcost you the vaccs and neuter plus any ongoing helath prblems and you will need to home check nad have the space available but its your choice..oh and you will have to pay for the privaledge of adopting bun around 15-20 (even tho no neuter or vaccs) nb not all pah stores are bad but why not speak to the mangers adn see what they are like.. after all some genuinly do have animals welfare at heart and wil lrehome correctly.

i did exactly the same with doc "could i" "should i" i gave myself a week, i was told he was a nippy bun when she said to me would you still like a stoke he practically leapt in my arms for a snuggle he had been there two weeks already his bonded partner sold, i lasted 3 days to be honest, i wanted to nab him before some child spent there 5 pound pocket money on him

if you have the time and i would reckonmend still quarenting her for two weeks washing hands and changing clothes etc, i did with doc and he had worms,

go and get her. sometimes the animal picks you

oh yes definatly annacur adn initially keep away from your own buns so you can suss out a bit more in case there are any problems a vet check is good too within the first few days x

That is how we came to have Guinness piggie, he was so scared hiding under the "roof" of an igloo we didn't think he was even there when we went back. I try not to go near there too often as I feel for them all :(

I was in my "local" P@H earlier, getting some hay & treaty bits for the buns and notice we're now "lucky" enough to have an adoption centre :roll:

There was a hamster, two gerbils and two buns. One of the buns clearly had been a child's pet (it was called Lilo (Lilo & Stitch I presume?)) and it was as skittish as hell; I very, very gently touched it (to stroke) and it bolted to the other side of the cage (which was tiny).

I had to stop myself from crying at this point.

We got the hay & bits and went shopping in town; but I couldn't stop thinking about that poor girl.

OH & I talked about taking her and re-habbing her & then re-homing her privately through here for example - I think it's pretty clear that in the state she was in no-one else would have her. I'm tempted to say if she's still there the next time we go in we'll take her, but I know she will be :cry:

Should I take her? What would you do?

Did you get her?

Not yet, even though it's my "local" it's almost a 2 hour round trip, and with work there isn't time :( I suspect we may be going to be around there shortly though...watch this space! :wave:

Back