• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebble is going back out today... U/D

Mazda

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I really dont want her to. On top of looseing her winter coat, she now has hurt her leg, so the ramp isnt gonna do her any good!

Im scared im gonna loose her.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
im sorry your mum has come to this decision but in order to help her why not give her cage rest for a few days so she isnt using teh ramp much? and fill her hutch with deep layers of hay and straw to keep her cosy... give her an old towel which you can warm on the radiator and take out to her before it goes dark to give her something to snuggle to. she wil be ok im sure you will need to cover the hutch to stop the wind coming in too xx

The ramp is in her hutch :( So i cant stop her useing it really! She has a towal she snuggles to. Her hutch is covered to. Im going to buy LOADS of straw later on to put in the cage!

I swear he is doing it to spite me! cause he knows how happy she is in the house! :cry:

Have you got a snuggle safe? They are great and stay warm for ages :D

Elve said she would post me one :D Shes gonna post it some time next week.

Mum sai dwe should wait till then to put her out... dad had other ideas :evil:

well its best you do what you can for her for now.. is one level of her hutch big enough that she could be put in one level only? to rest her leg a bit?never did see what the vet said about it? just go with lots of bedding and im sure she will be ok, you can always tell your dad that if she is going outside then she wil get lonely and (assuming she is fixed) will need company of her own now so you will have to adopt a second rabbit to keep her warm and contented.. oh costs more daddy? yup...would have been better indoors after all maybe?

well its best you do what you can for her for now.. is one level of her hutch big enough that she could be put in one level only? to rest her leg a bit?never did see what the vet said about it? just go with lots of bedding and im sure she will be ok, you can always tell your dad that if she is going outside then she wil get lonely and (assuming she is fixed) will need company of her own now so you will have to adopt a second rabbit to keep her warm and contented.. oh costs more daddy? yup...would have been better indoors after all maybe?

its a 4ft two story hutch. i spose i could let her have one leval for a few days. We are going to the vet tomorow after school x

Ive tried that, he said 'tough, shes only a rabbit! And you go out there a million times aday, shes fine!'

:cry:

its a 4ft two story hutch. i spose i could let her have one leval for a few days. We are going to the vet tomorow after school x

Ive tried that, he said 'tough, shes only a rabbit! And you go out there a million times aday, shes fine!'

:cry:

ok dont despari just give her lots of attention when you can, try and give her top level only then i would for the day as if it is broken or badly injured walking or hopping lots and using a ramp could make it worse, you could get her a cuddly toy (without eyes she can bite off etc) that she could snuggle up to? one of my singel females once had a rabbit shaped slipper that was her freind..she didnt like other rabbits they wernt submissiv enough but the slipper gave in everytime adn she licked it constantly silly bun, and yes she was neutered.... so that might be worth a go?

She has a teddy, well its a dog :p Snoopy his name is! haha.... she err.. loves him! :shock:

I will speak to mum about blocking off the ramp. what could i block it off with?x

Aaaaw sweetheart. :(

Follow the advice given here, plenty of hay, insulate the hutch, warm up a towel on a radiator for her too. Atleast the weather is quite mild today.

I dont know if this is any good, but the Snugglesafe Heatpad looks really good.

Dont cry honey, you are doing everything possible for Pebble. How is her foot today?

Try not to worry Mai, just follow the advice of the members on here. Also its not as cold as it would normally be this time of year.
fingers crossed.
xxx

ive put so much hay and shredded paper in the hutch that you cant see in :oops: The cover is down to, its raining and windiy here :( I am going to put another cover over the hutch tonight so there is two over it.

Elve is sending me a snugglesafe. :D Hopefully sometime next week.

Her feet is still sore :( Hopefully yakeing her to the vets tomorow. Mums makeing me feel really guilty, cause i bought a CD yesterday. And i pay for her vet bills if i have money. Shes made me feel real bad for buying a CD. saying that i put myself first before her, and thats not right. Its 'my' fault she hurt herself to, cause i let her out of the cage. :(

Aww Mai :( Pebble will be ok outside, at least you put her out early today to give her time to adjust :) You've done all you can now, plenty of hay, straw, shredded paper and a nice warm towel to snuggle into :)

I remember when Lottie had to go outside when i bonded her with George, i cried too :oops: Its so upsetting, give Pebble a nose rub from me :) Sneak her in for a cuddle! hehe :oops:

xXx

i just went out to give her some veg. :) She came straight up to me demanding a nose rub as if to say 'how dare you leave me women!!'

Her litter train as gone to pot :( meh! oh well. x

She's eating hay and all that.she hasnt drunk anyhting yet i dont think :?

i just went out to give her some veg. :) She came straight up to me demanding a nose rub as if to say 'how dare you leave me women!!'

Her litter train as gone to pot :( meh! oh well. x

She's eating hay and all that.she hasnt drunk anyhting yet i dont think :?

Theyre not daft are they :lol: At least shes eating, thats a good start :) Bet shes missing you :) xXx

i just went out to see her and her ears feel really cold :(

My two rabbits live in seperate cages outside and they sometimes have cold ears too. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to keep her warm, and it's not frosty at the moment so I am sure she will be fine.

Back