• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how can i help without taking in another bun?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
there is a freecycle bunny..... a giant bun, who is being offered the original message said... dont bother reeplying unless oyu know about the breed...so i didnt worry as i dont have the space....... the lady has now re offered the rabbit saying this

"re-offered british giant rabbit in need of a good home needs a hutch at
least 4ft long with run attached or run of the garden very friendly and
big email me for photos *****area i truely dont have the room to take any more in and dont know how to stop this person giving a giant away to live in a 4ft hutch.... argghhhh

i have emailed her saying the following

hiya..im a bit concerned you have posted this.... a giant bun should never be in a 4ft hutch.. the rspca recommends that for medium pair of buns a minimum of a 6x2x2ft hutch is required with an attatched 6x6ft run....... and for a giant they need extra height and width as they need to fully stand on back legs and stretch out as well as being able to do 3 hops length wise.... and i would suggest a giant bun should be kept in nothing less than a shed with attatcehd run or possibly as a free range bunny.. how about contacting a few rescues to take him in? there is greenfields here are a few local ish ones and thier telephone numbers...
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

White Knights Rescue
26 Shirley Avenue, Reading, RG2 8TD
Tel: 0118 9875657 /

RSPCA Reading Rabbits (View Rabbits)
Email / Website

Green Fields Rescue (View Rabbits)
29 Beedon Drive, Easthampstead Grange, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8GJ
Tel: 01344 488208 / Email / Website

Bracknell Rabbit Rescue (View Rabbits)
Bracknell, Berkshire
Email / Website

Diana Brimblecombe Animal Rescue Centre
Nelsons Lane, Hurst, Nr. Wokingham, Berkshire, RG10 0RR
Tel: 0118 9341122 / Email / Website

Retirement Centre for Elderly Animals
Trindledown Farm, Wantage Road, GREAT SHEFFORD, Berks, RG17 7DQ
Tel: 01488 638584 / Website

Blue Cross Chalfont Adoption Centre
10 Grassingham End, Chalfont St. Peter, Bucks, SL9 0BP
Tel: 01753 882560 / Website

RSPCA Blackberry Farm Animal Centre (View Rabbits)
Blackgrove Rd, Quainton, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP22 4RJ
Tel: 0870 010 1852 / Website

Blue Cross Chalfont Adoption Centre
10 Grassingham End, Chalfont St. Peter, Bucks, SL9 0BP
Tel: 01753 882560 / Website

RSPCA Blackberry Farm Animal Centre (View Rabbits)
Blackgrove Rd, Quainton, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP22 4RJ
Tel: 0870 010 1852 / Website

i hope this helps i would love for you to get a nice proper home for your beuqtiful rabbit there is also arc in twickenham and several in london and essex which with a bunny run could possibly take on the bun and get the right home?
fingers crossed it gets sorted out xxx

Ooo there was a thread on here someone looking for a giant I wonder if they would be interested.

i think it would be best for someone to get from a rescue ideally rather than a free ad... but i just feel so annoyed when i see these!!! i have no where to keep this bun even i n transit as i dont have the space... i have a spare 36 inch dog crate but that wouldnt do for a giant!!! even temperarily. i am hopignthe lady heeds my advice.. i shouldnt have posted really as its a free ad was just so annoyed at the time x

Oh I completely agree I just thought if the bun was likely to end up in rescue it might save taking up a space. Poor bun 4ft is probably only about one and a half hops :(

Back