• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny girls are getting done.

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
Im a bit worried really, they are getting spayed this week and I always feel awful for the girls.

I feel more guily cos its a big op and they are also getting cut open, didn't feel like this with the boys.

They will be ok wont they? What change should I expect?

hi

My Angel was rescued spayed had tummy tuck, vaccs and mites treated, eye flushed and was re-homed to me within 1 week.
To say the least she was fine, buns aren't wusses like us humans. Obv don't allow jumping about for couple of days but they'll be fine. Look at this way your doing what you can to prevent cancer etc in later life.
They do look so sorry for themselevs after ops but lots of cuddles and they'll be great.
Angel may have to go in for op this week as she has a lump on her shoulder so we'll send love and 'hoppy' thoughts now incase we forget later.

i think the reasons you are having them done are simple, you are a caring owner who does not want to put thier pet at risk of cancer.

they will be fine, just keep them warm and encourage them to eat and drink, a supply of their favourite foods on hand.

Not too sure in what to expect, but from reading on here, they will look worse for wear for the first three -four days, but so long as theya re eating and drinking they should be fine.

Im rather nervous of puttin Autumn in for hers, but god knows she needs in as her behaviour can be unpredictable, I took a nip to the leg, poor charlie looks out of sorts and she is dominating him.

Nevous cos his previous OH had complications due to her spay and died five weeks later. Was told by the vet in five years of practice she had never seen it before, although had heard of it. I know it will not happen to Autumn, but once biten twice shy. Plus it was not at the vets I use, it was one of those in that big national pet shop we all know

Tommorow is getting closer :shock: Ive just bathed them and they are now sitting on their bed in front of the fire. Im going to keep them in tonight so they are kept warm.

Where do they shave and cut for the op, is it midline or on their side?

Tommorow is getting closer :shock: Ive just bathed them and they are now sitting on their bed in front of the fire. Im going to keep them in tonight so they are kept warm.

Where do they shave and cut for the op, is it midline or on their side?

All my buns have had their belly shaved (a strip shaved) and had it in the centre of belly.

Well my girls are calm, they have always been friendly. I do sometimes wonder why I am having them done :?

You are doing it because you don't want to leave your pets with the risk of a slow and painful death from a cancer that you wont notice; because you don't want them to endure phantom pregnancies possibly for the rest of their lives; and because you know that with over 30,000 rabbits in UK rescues two less wombs is a very good thing.

They have been done and seem to be fine. One of them has gone out to the garden already.

They need their space limited for a few days to avoid the stitches being ripped. I would keep them in a small area in your house as they have trouble regulating their temp after an op and its soo cold outside. Hope they heal quick. :)

I have brought them in, they are lying on a 4 poster bed, a pets one lol

They seem to be fine so I hope they continue to improve.

Back