• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new bunny ...

msheza

New Kit
I have a 4 month old male bunny and I want to get him a playmate but I don't want any babies! Is it difficult to get him fixed? Or can 2 males reside together problem free?

Its best to get any rabbit male or female "done" it knocks out hormones and allows them to live happier lives.

It is fairly common now to get rabbits neutered, however i will recommend finding a rabbit savvy vet. Whats your location, may be able to help?

If you get him done, you need to wait 6-7weeks for his hormones to settle and then he could be introduced to a female (best pairing). If you were to contact a rescue they could help you with bonding and there rabbits will already be spayed/neutered :)

Hope that helps! :)

New Bunny...

that does help...thank you. I am in Astoria, Oregon about 2 hours from Portland, Or. He hangs out in the house with all of us. We built him a beautiful bunny condo but then we feel bad putting him out there in it because he is alone. I imagine that bunnies can get depressed...although we have a very busy house and maybe he likes the quiet and alone time when we do put him in his hutch...I mean condo!

that does help...thank you. I am in Astoria, Oregon about 2 hours from Portland, Or. He hangs out in the house with all of us. We built him a beautiful bunny condo but then we feel bad putting him out there in it because he is alone. I imagine that bunnies can get depressed...although we have a very busy house and maybe he likes the quiet and alone time when we do put him in his hutch...I mean condo!

Nice to see another caring bunny owner:D. The best thing you can do for your bunny is find a rabbit savvy vet, get him fixed and see if you can get him a wife from a rescue center near you.

Back