• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Porridge for bunnies

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Can i give me outside bunnies porridge in a morning? If i do shall i give them their usual pellets and herbs too? And what milk shall i use? Or just water? Just thought they deserve something warning in a morning!v Sorry for all the questions!!! Ha Ha!

Lisa

I personally wouldn't unless you want them to put on weight. i don't think porridge should be given in my op as it upset baileys stomach. Also, if you are going to feed it, use water only, so boil the water, really well soak the oats and then feed it when its cold.

I often add a splash of boiling water to the bunny bowls, and maybe a dash of apple juice as well which is nice and warming for them. If they are normal, healthy buns, they don't really need additional food.

Can i give me outside bunnies porridge in a morning? If i do shall i give them their usual pellets and herbs too? And what milk shall i use? Or just water? Just thought they deserve something warning in a morning!v Sorry for all the questions!!! Ha Ha!

Lisa

Are you going to start feeding them then?:shock:

hi

Just use water, but its advised not to do it all the time as your buns will think huh not eating pellets when can have porridge. I only do it after ops etc. But you could give them a little dry mixed with pellets but again not all time.
Not sure how what if anyone knows?? When I was little my nana used to make my bun dinner in cold nights, it was something possibly bran mixed with tea bags (insides) what/why would she do this? and is it ok to do now?
My bun back then loved it and was fine but not sure if your supposed to do this. Would be nice to know?

Back