• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People near Chelmsford - great hay.

AlisonA

Warren Veteran
Nope, not a 'let's have a meet' thread (sorry!) although...we really must get round to that one day :lol:

Just wanted to let you all know that I've just been and got a fresh bale from Upsons at Hatfield Peverel and it's absolutely lush, it smells gorgeous and it's lovely and fresh and the buns are all tucking in excitedly!

Thanks for the tip! I have also recently found a man up Beehive lane in Chelmsford who can get A&P pellets in, and sells big bags of hay for 99p and really cheap hayracks.

I was struggling to find somewhere that sold A&P so now I am :D

Which side of Chelmsford are you? Upsons can also order you in A&P if you ask them nicely, they keep other A&P products in stock :) I also get my megazorb there :D

I was particularly pleased with the hay because I've heard lots of people say it's really poor quality at the mo because of the weather this harvest.

Which side of Chelmsford are you? Upsons can also order you in A&P if you ask them nicely, they keep other A&P products in stock :) I also get my megazorb there :D

I was particularly pleased with the hay because I've heard lots of people say it's really poor quality at the mo because of the weather this harvest.

ah that explains the dodgy hay I got near the farmshop near me then!

I am in South Woodham ferrers - so the wrong side for Hatfield Peveral - it's worth knowing though!

I get my megazorb from a horse shop in battlesbridge, I am trying to get them to get A&P in for me - save me making all these different trips!

fab I'll go get a bale thanks! I presume Upsons isn't hard to find is it far from the A12 slip road coming Colchester direction?

Edit: googled the postcode so I shall use my trusty sat nav!

Last edited:
http://www.upsonsfarm.co.uk/ for directions, opening times etc. It's only a couple of minutes from the A12 slip road. I'm glad I found their website, I had previously assumed they were open Sat am and not on Sunday and now I've discovered I can go get stuff any day whoop whoop!

I hope it's still good stuff if any of you go :lol: My lot are certainly enjoying theirs :D

thanks for that! I'm headed that way tomorrow so I'll make a detour I looked at their directions it looks fairly easy to find!

Back