• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Help

Bunnie_Mummy

Young Bun
Put my old thread under a new name, as I need Bonding help with a rescued Doe.

Hi all,

After much searching we have found a spayed Doe from RSPCA.
She is called Poppy, and is gorgeous!

However, I need some advise.

We have a large french lop, named Ozzy.

I have them currently is sperate cages, but next to each other.
Whenever they are out, Ozzy, who is neutered, likes to hump her.
Is this normal? - How long will it last for as, we have had her since Thursday, and the humping is contuing.
Last night, Oz jumped his cage, into his, and must of spent all night in there. As when I came down in the morning, there was white fur everwhere. Poppy was un hurt, and eating and cleaning etc. But Im guessing this is when he was trying to pin her down to hump.

Poor thing.
She is happy with him, and every now and then will turn and bat him one when she has had enough, and stamp her foot

Is this type of behavouir normal?? How long does it normally last for?
They are not fighting at all, which is a good sign. But im still abit concerned?

Also any tips for Poppy picking up her litter tray and throwing it around?

With regard to bonding your buns. Please sort out an area which is totally neutral as otherwise injuries can occur. Find time to start and leave them together.

Humping, some chasing and nipping is totally normal and can continue for a few days although usually this will have stopped prior to this time. do put them together and leave them together, the more you separate them the more likely you will continue to have the humping, nipping and chasing happen. They need to be allowed to sort out their hierachy which they do by humping, nipping and chasing.

whilst they are bonding issues to do with litter tray should be ignored, if there is territorial issues with something remove it and replace it in their area in 48 hours.

Thank you for your help! :)

Greatly app.

With regard to bonding your buns. Please sort out an area which is totally neutral as otherwise injuries can occur. Find time to start and leave them together.

Humping, some chasing and nipping is totally normal and can continue for a few days although usually this will have stopped prior to this time. do put them together and leave them together, the more you separate them the more likely you will continue to have the humping, nipping and chasing happen. They need to be allowed to sort out their hierachy which they do by humping, nipping and chasing.

whilst they are bonding issues to do with litter tray should be ignored, if there is territorial issues with something remove it and replace it in their area in 48 hours.

Back