• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

I use megazorb with the rabbits in their litter trays and the hamsters and love it! I always cover it with hay though for the rabbits, the hamsters are not as fussy.

I think its great I have two litter trays for my three. I bought my first bag since I started using trays about three weeks ago and have used less than half. I take the wet out everyday and top up then throughly disinfect once a week :)

One bag lasts me about a week and a half with the four litter trays and two rat cages :)

I like it, its the most absorbant litter I have used in my rat cages :) Bits of carefresh they kept posting through the cage bars :roll:

Wouldn't use anything else. We had 20 buns here and a bag would last about two weeks with approx 1-2 trays per rabbit with full changes every couple of days. It's very absorbant and prevents smell from soaking into anything else. Compostable too.

Wouldn't use anything else. We had 20 buns here and a bag would last about two weeks with approx 1-2 trays per rabbit with full changes every couple of days. It's very absorbant and prevents smell from soaking into anything else. Compostable too.

do you just lightly spread the megazorb and then put hay on top?

might buy some then xxx

what size bag do you get? i can't believe some people are getting through it in a week! mine lasts nearly a month and I have 8 rabbits (1 corner tray, 4 small rectangle trays and 1 large rectamgle tray).

At £6.50 a bag its therefore much better value than bio-catolet

I love Megazorb! I use a bag in about 5 weeks and thats for 2 litter trays but I completely change both every day, I find it easier just to tip away whole tray every day, but maybe some will say thats being a bit wasteful. My bags cost £6.10 each and I always but a layer of hay on top as well.

I also love it, mine costs £5.80 for a 80litre bag and before I got Stitch who has two litter trays one bag would last Arnie and Kira maybe two or three months.

They have two trays in their room and I change them every other day.

I put newspaper on the base of the tray then about 7 handfuls of megazorb followed by loads of meadow hay. They seem to like it too.

I now think with 4 litter trays I'll be looking at about a month for one bag, maybe 6 weeks - Never really thought of it before.

Maybe give it a try if someone near you has some spare?

I got 2 bags after reviews on here and thank God have just used the last of it! I have gone back to wood cat litter pellets. The megazorb smelt like a farm yard after a day with my 2 and even after a day I would empty it and there would be urine running along the bottom of the tray no matter how much of the stuff I used. Having gone back to pellets a couple of days ago I have to say how nice it is to smell that woody smell rather then urine! A drawback of cat litter is that it costs more but I think I will stick with it for now costs £1.29 for 5 litters not sure if I can get it cheaper or not?

what size bag do you get? i can't believe some people are getting through it in a week! mine lasts nearly a month and I have 8 rabbits (1 corner tray, 4 small rectangle trays and 1 large rectamgle tray).

At £6.50 a bag its therefore much better value than bio-catolet

Ive got 2 normal sized trays,2 bases of a cage which are used as trays and two gunies pig cages

I'm just on my first sack of Megazorb and think it's fantastic. Am a gardener too and a good by product of having buns is I can use it as compost, which I couldn'with sawdust or cat litter. I have 2 buns, with 2 litter trays each and I haven;t even got a third of the way through my sack but maybe I'm mean with it as I line the trays with newspaper but only use a handful or two of Megazorb.

Then again, I tip out the entire trays and disinfect twice a day (I have spare sets of trays so as one is drying, one is in the hutches). And I've not noticed any smell whatsoever. I reckon if it can absorb horse pee it can easily manage with whatever my buns are doing! I also lay some straw or hay and a little dried lavender over it.

Back