• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns are shut in hutch for the first time!

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Feelin guilty! They live in a 13x8foot walk in run with a 5ft hutch as shelter.

The run has turned into more of a mud pit so we have started to dig it up and pull up the mesh. We are going to concret it and put slabs down so its easier to keep clean.

Feel relaly guilty about shutting them in, they are used to 24 hour access to there run.

They seam happy at the mo as have lots of food. Hope they dont fight as they are confined. They are quite large to as Pepper is a flemish and Marble a giant cross

the floor looks amazing! Its about half done. Will be so much better when its finished. The buns are still shut inside as its got to set.

Aaaaw! They will be fine! Up until now mine have been free ranging in their run, with the hutch always open. But, with the fireworks and cold weather, I've started closing them up in the hutch, with carpet, quilt and a plastic-backed blanket over the hutch.

I though they would hate it, but they seem to enjoy cuddling up on cold nights! But they do really enjoy warm porridge in the morning and nose rubs from Mummy! :love:

Back