• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Exercise

viktory

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

Hope you can advise.

Olly is now about 14 weeks old and lives indoors. He has not been given free roam as the house has not been bunny proofed. Olly lives in a spacious cage and I get him out every morning for about an hour and then every evening, pretty much for as long as he likes. He also has at least an hour on my husbands shoulder every evening, he likes to watch TV and groom my husband!

He is given the run of the hallway, which is quite wide and long, the stairs and the landing upstairs. He has a specially created box, a sisal 'hide' thing, a hay and hide and a copy of the newspaper to play with.

Problem is, he often goes upstairs and then sits in the corner. I think he looks bored, is this likely, does he need more toys etc?

When spring arrives I intend putting him in the garden, in a big hutch with a friend, but what can I do to for him now? Should I be concerned?

Unless you can get him a bunny wife any sooner then all you can do is make sure that he gets plenty of interaction with you and your husband. Bunnies are generally social animals :)

I have a few hay and hides too, Flopsie loves them! It sounds like you have lots of toys for bunny. I think 4 hours is the minimum amount of time a day that a bunny should have to run around. Flopsie loves doing laps around the furniture :)

Perhaps you could make more a game of him getting his food, putting hay into toilet rolls and things like that?

Back