• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adoption Bun Query

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Had a family asking about one of our adoption buns tonight. I asked if they'd had a rabbit before and they said yes. I asked if they had the rabbit now and they replied.......wait for it.....this is a good one....

No, we got rid of it. It was a chocolate colour and the children (2 brats) didn't like the colour!!!

I remained calm and told them that as they had displayed extremely irresponsible pet ownership I couldn't consider them for any animal, let alone an adoption one!!

My Asst Mgr hearing what had been said had scurried round to tell a member of staff to wait for the explosion lol.

I cannot believe the gall of some people !!

Do you think that people like that view an adoption rabbit as a cheaper option rather than an opportunity to make a difference, even if it's just for them to get a kick out of 'rescueing'?

Do you think that people like that view an adoption rabbit as a cheaper option rather than an opportunity to make a difference, even if it's just for them to get a kick out of 'rescueing'?

Oh yes....I know some people do. In this case, I think it was because the bun is a REW and the kids liked the colour, but I know some people have moaned when told what we would class as a 'reasonable' donation.

One woman the other day got quite indignant when she was informed that £5 certainly was not a suitable donation.

We have two chins in and we're looking to rehome as a pair, and several people have expected to get them for 'diddly squat' because they'll give them a 'good home'.

Some people just beggar belief.

reminds me of the story of the cat that was got rid of as it didnt match there new carpet,

a donation fee is not much to ask if it was so cheap you couldnt be sure they have gone to the right home at least at a fairer price the effort hopefully has been by the new person that they want the animals so much cost shouldnt really come into it,

it like i had dicussion in p@h as there adoption fee is only £5 my argument was well child with pocket money to pay for an animal thats already been dumped for it to most likely to get dumped again as p@h dont do house checks or even check where exactly where its going to live

Back