• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some new pictures of Juno my wildie.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
She should be in the region of 5/6 months though but is about the size of a 16 week old domestic rabbit.

A couple of people have asked after her so thought you might like some pictures, you can see her poorly leg and how she uses it in some of these. You may be able to see the bandage she has over the joint to protect it from abrasions.

18-09-08_0408.jpg

18-09-08_0410.jpg

18-09-08_0413.jpg

Having a tickle from Mum

18-09-08_0414.jpg

So nice to see her looking so well.
Our first rabbit was a wildie, and he never got very big, the vets thought it was due to the poor start he had in life. We scraped him off a duel carriagewasy at the age of about 6 weeks.
He never had a sick day in his life and died at the ripe old age of 9.

It has , forever, given me a love of agouti coloured rabbits.:D

Last edited:
awww you keeping her sooz?
xxx

Oh yes, I've had her since she was between 5 and 8 weeks old which I think was the beginning of July. She was quite poorly and has defects in both her front legs which need on going physiotherapy & support.

She was originally destined to be PTS.

So nice to see her looking so well.
Our first rabbit was a wildie, and he never got very big, the vets thought it was due to the poor start he had in life. We scraped him off a duel carriagewasy at the age of about 6 weeks.
He never had a sick day in his life and died at the ripe old age of 9.

It has , forever, given me a love of agouti coloured rabbits.:D

Thank you :)

I've spoken to a few wildie owners (one of my vets friends also has a little buck about the same age) and they have all said they never grew to the size they did in the wild in captivity.

I guess something must be missing from the equation that either allows or requires this.

The only real issue at the moment is it means she will be having a late spey and therefore a delayed bonding.

That's good to know, I often worried we'd failed him somewhere.
Benji was bonded to 2 dwarf lop girls, he ran rings round them, They were both entire, but he never let any squabbles happen, he was the boss. This was before I knew anything really about rabbits and it was 15 years go. It was all accidental.:oops:

I'm hoping to bond her with my mini-lop Fiver, he is in a trio at the moment but gets pushed out as he is so submissive. As long as she behaves, he will :D

Oh yes, I've had her since she was between 5 and 8 weeks old which I think was the beginning of July. She was quite poorly and has defects in both her front legs which need on going physiotherapy & support.

She was originally destined to be PTS.

awww she is a lovely little bun!! bet she is a character!!

well done for taking her on. xxx

oh i love her, what a wee darling!

Oompa-Loompa - your bun is brilliant, i love the colour!

awww:love:wildies are just the best. sweetpea is still very small and she is fully grown as she is about 3 years now.she is also a little madam:lol:

awww:love:wildies are just the best. sweetpea is still very small and she is fully grown as she is about 3 years now.she is also a little madam:lol:

Juno has been nothing short of a horror to me today. :evil:

On Tuesday she wouldn't even let her Aunty Charlotte give her a cuddle without scratching us both to death and running off to the sofa :roll:

It's her way or the highway in this house :lol::lol::lol: I always loved the idea of having a wild rabbit but have found behind the sweet face lies a demonic nature!

Back