• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tansy's lab results :(

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Chris the vet phoned this morning to say the lab results of Tansy's melanoma had come through - it is a fast spreading cancer :cry::cry::cry:

The only thing that we can do is keep her comfy and happy and wait for her to tell us when she has had enough :cry::cry:

There was one option, which wasn't an option really - it was to try and take it away but that would involve removing nearly half of her face:cry: and that's not on, even Chris said he wouldn't go there :cry::cry:

We are to keep her on painkiller and her eye drops and just do what we have done for all these years with her - love her and let her know we are always here for her:love:

Don't you think life stinks :cry::cry:

Poor Tansy

I am sure you will give all the love and care that she needs to make her remaining time happy and pain free :)

Oh goodness Jay I am sorry the news is not good :cry:
But Tansy is sure to receive the very best care from you and more love than many Buns ever know

xx

awhh so sorry that you had such bad news, i really hoped that something could be done for her, but like you say life stinks! but she has had a very happy life with you and she will be loved and cared for for the rest of her life, however long that may be. Give her a hug from us!
love lisa and the buns x

Gawd Jay, I'm so sorry to read this. Please take comfort in knowing that Tansy is getting so much love from you even though you can't make her better.

Love Jill and buns

Sorry to hear this Jay :( Life does stink sometimes :( At least she has all the love she could ever want from you

Sorry to hear your sad news. Cancer seem to be getting more and more common in animals, but maybe that is because they are generally living longer.
Hope she continues to remain happy and passes peacefully when the time comes.

It really saddens me to read this. My rabbit was diagnosed with the same type of cancer today. He had this black spot on his ear since I first got him 3 years ago. It grew a lot in the past few months so the vet removed it and today I found out it was an aggressive type of melanoma. Yes, life stinks. I just hope our little friends still have some happy days ahead of them and that they don't suffer much when their time comes.

I'm really sorry to hear this and know what you are going through:(

However, I can say that Tansy is doing remarkably well and I have stopped the painkiller as it's only going through her - so am keeping that for if and when she needs it:D

I am sure that our buns will do their very best to stay with us as long as they can :D

I'm sending lots of vibes to your bun :love:

It really saddens me to read this. My rabbit was diagnosed with the same type of cancer today. He had this black spot on his ear since I first got him 3 years ago. It grew a lot in the past few months so the vet removed it and today I found out it was an aggressive type of melanoma. Yes, life stinks. I just hope our little friends still have some happy days ahead of them and that they don't suffer much when their time comes.

Markin I am sorry to hear that your bunny has also been diagnosed with an aggressive melanoma, I too hope he has plenty of happy days ahead of him.

Many years ago I had a lovely young bunny with a suspected Melanoma on his ear, I sent him in to have it biopsied but unfortunately he did not survive the anaesthetic, for unknown reasons. I was so upset I never did get it sent off to the lab :(

ahh

Just want to send our love and thoughts to you both! This is not the end though never think that. Even when her time comes to pass over I promise she'll be right beside you for the rest of your life here on earth!
We have a visitor who comes to us, and she makes me smile everytime I hear or see her. Shes my bunnies guardian angel!honest

I truly believe you as we too have angels come to visit us :D On occasions I can see them but it's the nudges on the back of the legs and the tickling on your hands that let me know that they are there :love::love::love::love:

Just want to send our love and thoughts to you both! This is not the end though never think that. Even when her time comes to pass over I promise she'll be right beside you for the rest of your life here on earth!
We have a visitor who comes to us, and she makes me smile everytime I hear or see her. Shes my bunnies guardian angel!honest

Thanks so much for the kind words guys! My rabbit shows no signs for being ill/in pain for now and I hope it will stay this way for a while.
Jaypot, did your vet tell you anything about how fast this type of cancer metastasizes? My vet said he saw this type of cancer for the first time in rabbits, so he couldn't give me any prognosis. My rabbit will have ultrasound, x-rays and blood work done in a few weeks to see if and where the cancer has spread. I'm just supposed to watch him closely and bring him in in case he starts showing any signs of being in distress.
Wishing all of you a nice sunday!

As a matter of fact I did. I done a lot of research since Little Happy passed away w/ liver cancer in 2005. So w/ Goofball's bone cancer, after 11 mth. of blackberry treatment, all cancer cells are either gone or totally dormant.

Goofball was 6 lb. before leg is removed, 5 lb. when her leg was removed, then jump back to 7.1 lb., a 33% gain from 5 lb. after 11 mth. of blackberry treatment. She started w/ 6 oz. per day, from May to Nov., then move to 9 oz., then move to 12 oz. per day

In the above thread link when I explained in details, there is that acid inside blackberry that stops cancer cell from forming.

Now, you can also try

Heal-X

If you don't have time or money on buying that level of black berries, I very highly recommend you to buy this substance called Heal-X Booster

http://www.exoticdvm.com/index.cfm?...ction&productGroup_id=108&parentGroup_id=116&

it's cheap, and 1 bottle can heal many rabbits from cancer

this link shows your UK distributor:

http://www.exoticdvm.com/distributors

essentially it's anti toxic substance that stop cancer cell from forming

Having said the above, I must point out that w/ Goofball, ground zero of the bone cancer spot, as in the knee caps, was removed by cutting it off. If you can't remove ground zero where the face is, blackberry or Heal X effect won't be as useful as having ground zero removed.

On an unrelated story, since I learnt the power of blackberry or raspberry, myself and my 2 little buns are eating it everyday

Regardless, if I were in your situation, I would most definitely use HEal X, and depends on your finance, jump in w/ blackberry. If you can get it from a farm, it would be really cheap. In my case, I live in a city, so there is no farm to go to.

Last edited:
That looks like the same thing that comes up on my link for the UK one too, but I'm sure Happy Hopping will confirm.

Can you get any frozen blackberries in Slovenia? If it were the juice only, my guess is it would have to be fresh with no additives.

Back