• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sitting in the rain?

Lisa & Amos

Warren Scout
Do all rabbits do this or is he just strange?

He has a run that I put him in through the day so he can get some grass as he doesn't seem to eat much hay. At one side of the run is a covered area where I keep his litter tray and food and plenty of hay to bed down on. He is happy to go in here and pops in and out often. He will go in if it hails and in very very heavy rain but most the time he will just sit outside in the rain! I have to go and bring him in and he is usually like a drowned rat!

Is it just him or is this common?

No it is not just him, two of mine have been sitting out in the rain for the past hour. :roll::roll::roll:
Sometimes rabbits are not the sharpest tools in the box.:lol:::lol::lol:

Although mine hate the wind and prefer to be in when it's windy, they often sit out in the rain and snow!!! They go in when it finally sinks through and they realise 'tis raining!!
Guess they could do with this kit....
raincoat.jpg

I have a rain bun too! :lol:

My buns live in an aviary, with plastic sheeting over the top to keep the rain out. Inside the aviary is their hutch with closed aff areas, they basically have more sheltered areas than open. But, when it rains, Hunny huddles right up against the side of the aviary, where the rain blows in! :roll:

Quite often I grab her and wrap her up in a towel for an enforced cuddle indoors! :lol:

Glad he isn't the only one. Sometimes I think Amos is a bit strange as he acts totally differently to my previous rabbit (15 years ago). He loves the wind too and will sit there getting his coat pretty much blown off, but will head straight inside if its too sunny!
I like the rain mac but somehow don't think he would....

George sits out in the rain, even if its really bad :roll: hes a few sandwiches short of his picnic bless him :lol: Lottie on the other hand, wont step foot out of the hutch if its raining :lol: They have constant access to their hutch when theyre in their run so they get the choice :) xXx

arthru tries to shelter but is a bit daft and it seems to take a while for the rain to get bad enough for him to leave his wife as she (dora) loves to sit in it till it soaks her if he can shelter near her he is happier otherwise he will sit in hutch looking out forloarnly... he misses her...she is only on the lawn munching!! iv had to towel both of them at times xx

Back