• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

little things they do

simonsmybunny

Warren Scout
Ok....so i am tottally paranoid that i want simon to be happy all the time.....so is this normal
1)He keeps licking me and my partner....everywhere, now i know this is suppose to be a sign that he loves us but he wont let us stroke him or have a cuddle....and i wondered if its just salt he wants or something

2)He keeps running round peoples feet if they stand still.....he makes figures of 8 continually

3)we have bought loads of toys, boxes to play in, teddies, chew toys.....and he would rather run around and i wonder if theres anything else to get him to play with, i dont want him bored
I went to see the vet the other day and she said that she didnt recomend getting his plums done if he was happy....advice?????

hiya,

I'm certainly no expert but I am sure that the running around your feet thing is to do with hormones....more experience people could tell you for sure.

The licking thing sounds like it might be an idea for you to get a salt and mineral block....the lady in the pet shop told me that if a rabbit likes you it will groom you but if it is doing it all the time and 'really' licking you then they are probably trying to get the salt from your skin.

I worry about Zeb being bored and he has loads of toys that I dont really see him play with but have found that the best one he likes so far is peices of paper screwed up into a ball - I can hear him chewing away and throwing it around whilst I am in bed.

I dont know about the neutering side - I guess its down to the individual but I certainly wanted Zeb done - firstly he was mildly aggressive but also i didnt want him spraying or suddenly getting out of control etc.....plus I want some sort of shot at getting him to poo in one place!
x

i have a salt block which he has ignored....completly.....tried newspaper.....
hope you and Zeb are getting on better

our relationship changes daily.....he was ok but then yesterday I think he got a bit over excited and virtually chased me across the room....
when I am cuddling him he has also started to nip me which hurts a bit....dont know if this is cause he is pee'd off with me for some reason or if it is a term of endearment?!
Sounds like you are coming on along way with Simon.....seems you have a more loving lil rab than the one I have lol!

oh forgot to say....if he has a salt block there then I am sure that he is ok.....he would go for it if he wanted it. x

My boy runs about like a maddy.....and he licks me loads, he does let me stroke him, but he stops me and starts licking me alot of the time.

I just think your bun loves his parents :)

I find that kermit doesnt like many toys apart from willow balls and hay tubes, have you tried them?

I would go to another vet and have him neutered my boy acted this way when he hit puberty, the circling is often a mating thing, especially after excessive grooming often leed to humping of the feet. Another sign is a little snorty noise in the back of their throat like a gineau pig makes. My boy statrd humping my feet and teddies not long after this stage. It can be very frustrating for the males when they start humping and will often exhaust self. Also this puberty stage could interfeere with litter training as he may start scenting like mad, ie, weeing pooping in wrong places to claim it and flicking wee at you!

Last edited:
I would go to another vet and have him neutered my boy acted this way when he hit puberty, the circling is often a mating thing, especially after excessive grooming often leed to humping of the feet. Another sign is a little snorty noise in the back of their throat like a gineau pig makes. My boy statrd humping my feet and teddies not long after this stage. It can be very frustrating for the males when they start humping and will often exhaust self. Also this puberty stage could interfeere with litter training as he may start scenting like mad, ie, weeing pooping in wrong places to claim it and flicking wee at you!

Hmmm. The vet i should correct didnt say she wouldnt, she jsut didnt recomend unless his did start humping and peeing everywhere...
he has never humped or pee'ed however if he did start i would def go and get him done.

he may just be a very friendly boy, :lol: Glad you would get him done. Captain and my past bun Bazza became very frisky and frustrated to a point of obsession! :shock: just keep an eye on him, i got very freaked out and upset when it happened to my ickle boys. My boys Kipp and Snuff were never porblematic in this area however, they were outdoor buns though so didn't get as much intense time spent with to turn their affections towards me :lol:

i have no problem with getting him done, but with it having no positive medical affects i didnt want to put him through something he didnt need to have.

Back