• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Next chapter complete and going well

Hello

Sorry for the long post, but I had to share with you something special!

For those of you who are not familiar with Eric and Ernie, we have been taking it really slowly after bonding as Eric is quite territoral.

2 weeks ago, they moved into their new shed. They had a small run in there and their hutch.

They had a large run in the garden for the daytime and then in the evening were transferred to the smaller run in the shed, and at night, transferred again into the hutch - poor bunnies!!!

So 3 places to "live" basically!!

Well - last night, we progressed forward again.
The small run in the shed has been removed and their hutch door opened.

I waited for Eric to start a bit of chasing - but no.

They had sooooooooooooooooo much fun exploring!!!
it was so wonderful to see them so happy again.

Next step (this weekend) is to open the catflap and let them roam betweeen the outdoor run and the shed!!!! Really nervous about this one. I have visions of Eric beng inside and guarding the catflap and Ernie banished to the outdoors.

But I am soooooo pleased with them. They have been so good. I really never thought they would be able to live together again.

I think this must all sound so trivial to some of you, but for us it is a huge development in the buns lives!!!

Three cheers for Eric and Ernie on their neverending journery - soon to be completed!!!
:p:p:p :love::love::love:

Will post some pics soon.

Wooo hoo thats great news I remember your post about them arguing really pleased for all three of you

Thank You so much WebbKath

It has been so long since they had a lot of space to run around - if we gave them too much they would fight.

Little by little we have managed to increase their runs and space and now we are so close to letting them roam free again (wthin the shed and run)

I really can't explain how pleased I am with them both:love::love::love:

In the spring we hope to make them a tele tubby land in part of the garden, so that will be brilliant if that comes off. But for the moment..............

Its just fine..:p:p:p

Me too - I have faith in them now!!!

I am just looking for some nice pressies for christmas too, because they have been soooooooooooo good:love::love::love:

Back