• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

confessions of a bunny owner what lengths do you go to

areia

Wise Old Thumper
what lengths do you go to get certain items

me today im so low on newspapers i went round all the houses armed with my rucksack and took out two streets worth of newspapers from there recycle bins :oops:

:shock:

I helped myself to an armful of free newspapers from asda a few weeks back, the man handing out the baskets asked me if i had lots of eyes :shock:

because i was in my carer uniform i promptly replied, we have 50 residents and they all want one :oops::shock: :roll:

:lol:

I saw a willow tree in the road behind my house and wandered round to see if it was in a garden or not - it kind of was in someones front garden so I stood round the side and tried to pull a few bits off, but they wouldn't come.

Then I saw a lady looking at my from the house across the road (its a proper residential street) so I ended up biting them off :oops: while this lady watched alarmed out of her window :shock:

I saw a willow tree in the road behind my house and wandered round to see if it was in a garden or not - it kind of was in someones front garden so I stood round the side and tried to pull a few bits off, but they wouldn't come.

Then I saw a lady looking at my from the house across the road (its a proper residential street) so I ended up biting them off :oops: while this lady watched alarmed out of her window :shock:
:lol::lol: Love the "kind of in the garden" m'lord :lol: and as for the biting, I think I'd have been shocked to see that as well :lol::lol:

That is so funny good job I had just been for a wee! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: at the biting the willow :shock: :lol:

i dont embarrass myself too much just occasionally on dog walks i will be walking round with bags of grass, weeds and apple sticks.

i do frequently buy things in from america for my dogs though (going to import a muzzle as cant get the colour i want in the UK :oops: )

i had my rabbit cage imported from germany too as couldnt find one i liked over here :oops:

what lengths do you go to get certain items

me today im so low on newspapers i went round all the houses armed with my rucksack and took out two streets worth of newspapers from there recycle bins :oops:

:lol::lol: Sometimes I take the kids to London in the holidays and we go by the London Underground. As our stop is the last one on the line on the way home, theres loads of free papers, so my son goes through all the carriages collecting the free papers - people look at us like we're nuts but hey, its free!:lol:

If Im desperate for newspapers, I have been known to specially buy them just to line the hutches, I dont even read them first:oops:

I have been known to pick up the newspapers that are left over from the American flights..... and taken perverse pleasure in knowing the buns were peeing on George W.'s face :oops: :lol:.

Our grass has been treated, so we get grass form somewhere else. One time we couldn't find anywhere suitable, so we walked a bit down our road, and there is a patch of grass, that is next to someones front garden...I didn't know it was their front garden, so I came back into the house saying "There is some down there, but I don't know if it is their gaeden" So me and my mum wer both stood looking at these peoples front garden, turned round, and the neighbours across the road were washing their car, stood staring at us like this :shock:

It was so embarresing:lol::lol:

Jack x

Zoe

If you are ever in need of papers let me know, most weeks I put some out in the recycling as between my eldest son and myself we end up bringing too many home. At the moment I am using more than normal but still getting in more than I use.

Zoe

If you are ever in need of papers let me know, most weeks I put some out in the recycling as between my eldest son and myself we end up bringing too many home. At the moment I am using more than normal but still getting in more than I use.

i have a loverly old boy who actually collects newspapers from his street and puts them outside his door for me along with the odd bit of green he once left me a load of parsnips but i didnt have the heart to say me buns cant eat them, but like you ive been using so much more lately what with the rain and the forever peeing babies, i decided to go on the scronge, i kinda like it really, had one bloke ask me what the hell am i doing i explained and he was fine about it, but if i get desperate i will give you a shout

Oh, oh! I've done that, I've done that! Willow branches are tricky to snap off! Only, with me, I was half dangling over a fishing lake, gnawing at the branch to snap it off... :roll: Courting with disaster that was.

Often get weird looks at our local park type area... My mum and I skip about snapping branches off the Hawthorn, Willow & Birth trees. :lol: And then recently our neighbour said we could take grass from her front garden, for the bunnies... So my mum's been going out with scissors and a bowl twice a day to cut them some (apparently, it's superior to our grass which they now sneer at, the monsters) and across the street they're having an extension built, so the builders stop and stare at her like she's nuts.

Back