• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns with EC do they regain there weight?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
I dont know if EC is what they have just know they had been in contact with an EC bun.

Crystal and Misty are both on a 28 day course of panacur Misty weighed 1.5kg when he went down to the vets which the vet pointed out was under weight for him thing is he isnt putting any weight onat all hes remaining thin even though ive been feeding him separate from Crystal and giving him more to eat :? but he is healthy inevery other way great appitite still binkying around the garden just wondered if its normal for a bun with EC to remain slim andnot actually put on weight? I have decided Misty will be panacured 4 times a year.

Crystals becoming abit of a fatty so nothing wrong with her :love:

My EC bun Noah did put his weight back on, but lost some again after a year and now it fluctuates. Like you, he is healthy in every other aspect, has a really healthy appetite, is a good hay eater and produces healthy golden poos. I have just resigned myself to feeding him separately and then if he loses a bit, I give him lunch as well as breakfast and dinner until he puts it back on. I weigh him every week and keep an eye on it and the vet is happy with him. I still give him a panacur treatment every 6 months just to keep on top of anything that might be brewing, but it's just the way it is for him now. He never seems to get back to his original weight and is currently 1.4kg, so he's in having his extra meal. The best he has ever been is 1.8kg

Thank you Maizy that was helpful and im glad its seen as normal :D Misty cant be badly underweight though as he has never been 2kg or over as hes so tiny.

Back