• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Territorial over a fleece blanket?

karen1980

Mama Doe
Posted here as no responses in other section :cry:

welcome Lily!
She is 2 years old and speyed when she was 6 months. she's a single hosue bun

She's not territorial over her food although she occaisionally 'snorts' when she gets frustrated at trying to break intot he food carrier.

I noticed last night when I went to move her fleece she started to make weird snorting sounds.. only light ones and no sign of other agression.

I then got my OH to fiddle with her fleece to and she did one loud snort.

I sometimes see;s that she pee's on the blanket and then it obvoiously gets put sharply in the wash!

My question is why is she doing this over her blanket?

I took it off of her to wash and left it the other side of the gate while I was doing some house work only to come back and find she'd pulled it back through the bars and snuggled on it.

Do you think she's see's this as her partner? as she isnt bonded?

I had this with a rabbit when I was younger (he was single). He would never wee in the house, but did start weeing on his blanket as he seemed to see it as his property.

I'm not sure if it was because he was single or because he lived outside, and the blanket was his thing inside the house.

Back