• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like I'm neglecting my buns

I don't know why, but I really feel like I'm neglecting my buns. They're both Vacced upto date, and pip's going in for a spay next week. They have fresh food each day, and a big pile of hay everyday. But I still feel like I'm neglecting them some how.. :cry: I think it might be because I'm not spending as much time with them as I'd like. :?

I;m the same, as their outdoor buns it's hard to get out there as often in the cold and get them out for playtime. I've moved them closer to the house, so it's easier to pop out there for noserubs, but still not easy.

I had them in a cage (divided) for fireworks night and it was just lully having them closeby - but the mother doesn't like them being indoors.. :?

To be honest as long as buns have each other, plenty of room and fresh water hay and food they don't need much else. I am sure you are doing a fine job :)

When I read what other people do with their buns, & how much time they spend, I do sometimes feel a bit guilty. For about a minute.

But some of 'em don't even like me. They have friends, food, water, toys. I'm just the cleaning machine:D

When I read what other people do with their buns, & how much time they spend, I do sometimes feel a bit guilty. For about a minute.

But some of 'em don't even like me. They have friends, food, water, toys. I'm just the cleaning machine

:lol: bunny slave

I feel guilty sometimes too because they're out in the cold weather when Im in the warm. Its also not that easy to spend as much time with them in the winter cos it gets dark early. Three out of the four of them, I would say dont care a bit, but my little doe bun, Cookie, is quite human orientated and I sometimes feel I dont give her enough attention. Her husbun Domino doesnt want to know me most of the time:roll:

I feel very guilty because i couldn't afford his VHD jab this week :oops::cry: I had a mayjor crisis and i feel very very guilty. He gets everything he needs, water, hay, veg, pellets and is out of his cage everyday as long as i'm in. I feel even more guilty coz if i'm busy doing housework etc he bar bites excessively which makes me think he is very bored in his cage :( I have put toys up, hay in, tubes with hay in, a hammock and he still bar bites tremendously :(

I feel like a really bad rabbit owner.

to behonest i spend less time with my buns in the colder months but their still fed, watered, exercised, cleaned out and given vet care butthey have eachother so probably dont really care if im there or not. come summer though i sit outside all day with them :p

I flung open the patio doors this morning and sat for hours in the cold so the buns could come and go, inside and out. did they take any notice of me? Not a jot... except to run away when I went near them for a stroke :roll:. So I echo what everyone says about them being happy with each other, fed and watered, clean etc.

I flung open the patio doors this morning and sat for hours in the cold so the buns could come and go, inside and out. did they take any notice of me? Not a jot... except to run away when I went near them for a stroke :roll:. So I echo what everyone says about them being happy with each other, fed and watered, clean etc.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

my outdoor buns can't stand me being there! They've got each other and their own space. They get offended when we clean or sort out their hutch in any way! My indoor bunnies get much clingier this time of year but Bobby and Missy get more and more annoyed with me. They don't want you there (!) so don't feel guilty!! :lol:

my outdoor buns can't stand me being there! They've got each other and their own space. They get offended when we clean or sort out their hutch in any way! My indoor bunnies get much clingier this time of year but Bobby and Missy get more and more annoyed with me. They don't want you there (!) so don't feel guilty!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: how dare you invade and mess up thier pad :shock:

So true what everyone says !! I tortured myself for ages about my outdoor bunnies being in the cold and dark etc but they are happy as pigs in mud ! They see me as the food machine - I used to kid myself that they came for cuddles when I went out before bed to see them..... nope just the treats they were after :lol::lol::lol: Oh and as for the cleanout... dear me... they have the whole garden to run in while I do it but nope.... they have to supervise, moving things back how they had them etc and ripping up all the paper and throwing hay around as soon as its down !! :lol::lol::lol:

So true what everyone says !! I tortured myself for ages about my outdoor bunnies being in the cold and dark etc but they are happy as pigs in mud ! They see me as the food machine - I used to kid myself that they came for cuddles when I went out before bed to see them..... nope just the treats they were after :lol::lol::lol: Oh and as for the cleanout... dear me... they have the whole garden to run in while I do it but nope.... they have to supervise, moving things back how they had them etc and ripping up all the paper and throwing hay around as soon as its down !! :lol::lol::lol:

My two are the same, they dont come and greet me they just want to see what i have for them. My bunnies also have to garden to run round when im cleaning the hutch and run but they sit and observe what im doing. :roll::roll:

Our buns make sure that they let us know we are neglecting them on a daily basis :lol: When we get in from work it is usually biscuit time and god help us if we are late.

When we go into the kitched they will sit there and bore holes into the back of our heads with their beady eyes. It is almost Hitchcock esk :shock:

Then we have to go through it again at dinnner / pellet time. The shame that they make us feel

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to add Breakfast time as well :roll:.

Edit 2: And when cuddles / strokes are wanted

Back