• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ziggy, the new boy on the block.- now with pictures.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We picked up Ziggy on Sunday, he was the bunny I mentioned on a previous thread. The owners had a free to good home advert due to an allergy.
An allergy, my bum!
I had been asked to talk to her 2 years before, by our vet as he was very aggressive. I didn't think she would actually do much about it, but she did get him castrated.
When we picked him up, the husband lifted him very nervously, she said he wasn't handled much, no mention that he was aggressive. He was quiet when we took him home, but has obviously been getting aclimatised.

I has been attacking the brush when I do his toilet, and even growls at you when I feed him a carrot. Today however was even worse. I was letting him sniff my finger and touching his nose and he jumped out of his hutch. When I went to catch he 'screamed' like an injured rabbit, it gave me a real shock. Poor wee man must be really anxious to do that, he settled when I picked him up.
I can't believe these people let us walk away with him, without asking us any questions, but even worse they didn't mention how bad he is. What if somebody, with no experience had taken him- what kind of life would he have ended up with.
I am so glad I knew his history, and remembered the name, I don't think he will take long to settle and at least be handlable, even if he doesn't really enjoy it.
How often does this happen and what becomes of the poor rabbits!:(

Will try and get some pictures, but have been trying to let him get used to us first. He is black with white hairs peppered throughout, and a loppy bun.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you decided to get him :D He sounds like a real challenge, I'm sure he will calm down with the right TLC.

If it's any consolation when Sienna arrived we were told she was brain damaged as she screamed when she was handled, but now she had settled down into the group and got use to us she is the first one over for head ribs and a cuddle :)

Thanks Hugo's there, I am hoping he will bond with Xena, she's another challenge! He is in quarantine and has no vaccinations, so will get them organised, I also need to get his teeth checked.
How did your spays go, all OK, I hope.:D

Aww it will be lovely if he can have some company :)

The spays went fine although they are still very quiet ( I shall enjoy it while it lasts :lol: )

Edith is at the vets tomorrow, I'm hoping the news isn't to serious as she is just so :love:

Hope all goes well with Edith, I love the oldies, and its nice to give them the best life in their retirement, especially if they haven't had much of one in the past.

Finally managed to get pictures of Ziggy, and his friend to be (hopefully) He just needs to finish his quarantine and get a vet check.
There're not very good as he is so dark.
DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

and Xena, who we hope will bond with him,
DSC00089.jpg

Last edited:
Back