• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Young Giant bun questions

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
As it was sort of dropped on me I've not really sure how I should be feeding a 12 week old British Giant. Of course hay, hay and more hay. But should he be having jr. rabbits pellets and how much?

Also he has free run of all downstairs all day (apart from kids are eating for obivious reasons) shall I 'put him away' at intervals so I know he is eating enough or let him eat when he wants. Being a big bunny growing I don't want him to not eat enough.

Also when he is fully grown what sort of home shall he need? He will only be in it when we go to bed and when we go out. At the moment he has a medium size dog crate, I'm thinking another crate, but how big for comfortable sleeping/eating/moving about?

I should think he'll need the biggest crate they sell :roll: He will grow hugeee!! :lol: I :love: British giants. Ronnie was older than 12 weeks when i got him and i was told to feed him the normal adult pellets :? Im sure someone will be along soon to help :) He'll eat a fair few pellets and id say to feed him unlimited :? I used to give ronnie a bowl of a morning and a bowl of an evening :) Hes not overweight in the slightest and still eats LOADS of hay!! :roll:

The person you ought to ask is Kayj :) As im sure she keeps alot of giant bunnies. :wave: Is there any pics on here of him yet? :D :D xXx

I have two Giant Buns, they are on Excel Junior, but im going to start on Adult when my humungous bag runs out! My Girls are pigs, they Love their hay & grass!

Have pm you with the info I gave Becky a few months ago :D

I know this is cheeky but any chance you could pm me the information too. I dont really want to go into the ins and outs but basically was speaking to a guy at work who keeps giant house rabbits. The rabbits are fed on a big bowl food of that mixed rabbit food a day and have never had hay.

I was trying to give him some advice today on looking after bunnies but as I have never had giant bunnies am not sure how much they should be eating.

I plan to go into work armed with some information for him.

Thanks

Back