• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning up the poo!!! hand held hoovers?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I'm 'currantly' spending way too much time on my hands and knees picking up the ankle deep poo my little poo monsters are leaving in their cage :lol:. I could use my normal hoover, but it's very noisy and it would be difficult to manoeuvre in the cage. So does anyone use those little hand held rechargeable hoovers. Do they have enough suction and do they get clogged easily, especially with hay mingled in?!

I've been thinking about getting one too. I don't think there'd be too much problem of them clogging if you clean it out regular.

Yes I think it would be a good solution, but there are quite a few out there at all sorts of prices it would be really helpful to know if others use them and what brand/price range should get the job done! I spend so long with my head in the cage I get chronic hay fever :lol:

We used to have one when we used VetBed. It was only a cheap one though, so broke quite early. If you got a more expensive one, it will probs be great:)
Good Luck
Jackx

I think the little hand held hoovers are as loud as the big ones. We have a big Miele hoover, which is rather quiet compared to some handheld ones I have owned or seen at other people's places. If it's just inside the cage, a dustpan and brush would do the job nicely. Quiet, no electricity needed, and no trouble with getting all the hay bits out of the hoover. :)

I must be really lucky as mine does practically all of his poos in the litter tray all the time.

:wave: we have one electrolux, and i think its brill, dead easy to clean and empty, and we didnt pay that much for it either (think bout 15 from argos:D.
x

I had a black and decker dustbuster....it was great until the bunnies chewed the wire :roll:

i had a handheld but kept forgetting to charge it.... i find it much quicker and easier to do it by hand :oops:

We had a hand held rechargeable one and it was rubbish. Needed to charge for about three months before it would deign to vacuum for five minutes :roll: I don't remember make :oops: but it was blue and white...

I'm on the case!! I've found the cheapest electrolux one in the Argos book for £25 think I'll get one on Sat. I would use a brush and dustpan but it stirs up the hay and my nose and eyes can't handle it :oops: Im hoping they'll become better at using their litter tray after they've been neutered fingers crossed!

I'm on the case!! I've found the cheapest electrolux one in the Argos book for £25 think I'll get one on Sat. I would use a brush and dustpan but it stirs up the hay and my nose and eyes can't handle it :oops: Im hoping they'll become better at using their litter tray after they've been neutered fingers crossed!

:wave: i think thats the one i have:).
i find it really good, easy and quick to charge, and great at poo picking:lol:.
x

i had a handheld but kept forgetting to charge it.... i find it much quicker and easier to do it by hand :oops:

That's because your buns are spotless compared to mine:lol:, I was watching them (online:D) with jealously, I could count on one hand the few little doddles they'd left! In fact I think you must have secretly trained them to use a brush and dustpan :lol:

We got one from Woolworths for £10 (I think it is black and decker) it works well so I'd recommend looking to see if they still have them for that price

I got an expensive Philips one but it was half price in the curry's sale... I love it its fab..... I would recommend trying to find an expensive one going cheaply, as my parents bought a cheaper on, and it doesn't have the same suction power as mine so it isn't half as good. Also check the nozzle is wide enough for the poo, some are two small.

I got an expensive Philips one but it was half price in the curry's sale... I love it its fab..... I would recommend trying to find an expensive one going cheaply, as my parents bought a cheaper on, and it doesn't have the same suction power as mine so it isn't half as good. Also check the nozzle is wide enough for the poo, some are two small.

actually that's prob a good idea if I can suffer picking poo by hand for another few weeks I could probably get a good one in the Christmas sales! Ive just tried a friends cheapy one and the suction wasnt great and the nozzel got clogged with hay!

Back