• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No more anaesthetics for Zippy

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
My vet has said todays anaesthetic is all he is prepared to do for her now, he said she had been having them periodically every month for years and it's just taking her longer and longer to recover, he said he is very nervous every time she has one now. He has managed to kill off another root (he thinks) and there is one tooth left that may cause a problem, he said it's quarter the size of a match stick and it's right at the back, he thinks that in future she is going to have to have that taken down without a GA and he said she doesn't need putting under for that (hopefully). Thinking about it, she has had easily over 30 ga's, so I guess enough is enough now :(

Both her and Dylan are in today and they're both very groggy still, I will be happier when they've both come round properly.

Hopefully they will be able to keep Zips comfortable with conscious Dental work on her remaining 'problem tooth'.

:)

Yeah I do hope so Jane, she still hasn't come round properly yet, I just called :(

I don't know I just leave them to it :oops:, they're a pretty clued up vets so imagine they're doing whatever is needed. :D I'll ring and see how they are again in a bit, the day is dragging :(

I hate the waiting. I am sure Zippy will soon be more awake. She is such a determind Bun and she wont want to be missing out on too much eating time!!

So glad Zippy (or do I mean scooby :roll::lol::lol: ) and dylan are ok, hope they continue to recover well :D:wave:

Thanks Theo and Liz (it's deffo Zippy this time :lol::lol::lol:, I did take Scooby in for company :lol:)

Thanks for that Jason, he said there is only one tooth that will bother her, she has completely no teeth at the minute, my gummy bunny :love::love::lol:

She good Sarah,thank you, in fact she bounced back quite quick. The vet nurse was telling me how they really thought she wasn't doing to come back around. She's been eating and seemed no worse for her ordeal last night. Dylan seemed more fed up than her. Holly had one of her episodes last night, but thankfully she came round after a bit of treatment. All my dental bunnies were playing me up :lol: (well Holly had her teeth done on Friday, so it wasn't her teeth for a change :lol:)

Back