• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look who arrived last night!

TermiteFrank

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Frank's wife, Currant Bun. Well, that's her name for now until something slightly more sensible suggests itself when we get to know each other better.

Can you believe this gorgeous little girl was dumped at the vets? Luckily my local branch of Prevent Unwanted Pets took her in and she's been spayed, wormed and had her myxi vac. She needs her VHD yet, but we have to wait two weeks as she only came to them about 10 days ago. I can't believe I've been looking for a wife for Frank and thought I'd have to go miles to Manchester when Sue from PUP lives literally on my doorstep and I didn't know. I went to see Currant Bun last week, but she was only due to be spayed last Friday, so we've been waiting to make sure she's 100%, so when the vet gave the all clear yesterday, she was dropped off on the way back. You should have seen the other gorgeous rabbits there Sue was pairing up. The two lionheads were something else! And when she dropped my girl off last night, she'd just rescued two huge and beautiful English lops from a tiny cage in a pet shop and they were in the back of the car. If I'd have had the room I'd have been severely tempted.

Anyway, little Currant Bun has settled in well overnight. She's pood all over the floor and said hello to Frank when I let her out for a run in the yard. They can see one another as she's in the kennel part and he's in the (well covered and insulated) run, divided by mesh. We've had no Jackie Chan antics through the mesh and they've just sniffed noses through the front mesh when she was out loose, so I hope bonding will go well when I pluck up enough courage.

himum.jpg

hellohandsome.jpg

doesmybum.jpg

Excuse the photos being pants, but I accidentally left the red eye reduction on.

Last edited:
Oh simply gorgeous :love:

Frank is a very lucky bunny! Hope all goes well with the bonding :) How about Betty for a name (like Frank Spencer & Betty!) Giving my age away now :roll:

Oh simply gorgeous :love:

Frank is a very lucky bunny! Hope all goes well with the bonding :) How about Betty for a name (like Frank Spencer & Betty!) Giving my age away now :roll:

It's definitely on the shortlist (yes, I'm of a good vintage too ;) )

She doesn't really look like a Betty to me. I quite like Dulcie for some reason.

She is a stunner... I hope Frank is equally smitten with her, good luck :).

I did a brief introduction this afternoon by letting them out together and apart from him flattening her for about 10 seconds while he sniffed her back, I think it went quite well. I'm not confident enough to leave them together just yet, but at least they don't hate one another on site. They seem very interested in each other through the mesh divide. I'm going to swap them over tomorrow so they are in each other's areas and see how they react to that. I've never bonded bunnies before so I'm hoping them being in sight of each other like they are means I'm not starting from square one at each introduction.

Back