• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

nose running?

louise1

Mama Doe
Honeys nose seems to be wet these days is this normal?? she sneezes alot aswell but she seems to lick my floor constantly and then sneeze alot?? any ideas?:)

Sneezing/wet nose could be a nasal/respiratory infection. ?Snuffles may be?

It would be a good idea to get a vet to look at her as it may need antibiotics to clear it up.

I'd get bunny to the vet if I were you. Try to keep her nose dry and give her paws a wipe with a cloth if they're getting gunky.

Poor Honey, hope it clears up soon.

she doesne seem run down at all and is still eating fine and her nose doesn seem gunky just a bit wet?? its weird:? shes getting ehr myxi jag next week so ill ask them to check

I think it's a good sign if it isn't gunky. I can't say for sure but I think that Snuffles produces a gunky discharge.

Is bunny eating hay ok? Teeth problems can cause a runny nose and dribbly mouth too

yeah she eats hay fine and ive been able to have a look at her teeth(when shes mega relaxed she lets u open her mouth and they look o.k although im no vet) fingers crossed shes o.k. im thinking maybe she has the cold is the possible for bunnies to get the cold.?:?

They can get infections in their nasal passages and they need to be treated with antibiotics. Is it possible for you to get Honey to a vet before next week?

yeah i coould maybe take her thursday thats my next day off. her eyes and everything look o.k. shes sneezed alot since i got her from PAH:oops: im hoping its not sumfin shes allergic to or sumfin :oops:

What do you use as bedding etc? Its thought that sawdust and woodshavings can cause repiratory problems in bunnies.

i use newspaper and mainly hay although i do use wood shavings in her litter should i stop?:oops: i didnt know bcoz PAH have them in cubicle things with loads of sawdust

I use woodshavings in Flopsie's litter, covered with a layer of Hay and have had no problems, but that doesn't mean that another bunny would be ok.

I still suggest you get to the vets, I suffer perennial allergies and having a stuffy nose drives me bonkers, can only imagine bunnies feel the same!

earliest appt i could get with vet was monday at 1 so hopefully she o.k all make sure shes eating o.k etc i still think shes eating far too many pellets 2 bowls(hamster size) a day , need to get her eating more hay ive just ordered the hay selection pack on hayexperts lol so hopefully that will tempt her:wave:

I had problems getting Flopsie to eat enough hay. He likes Excel Herbage but it's expensive really :(

I'm going to visit a farm nearby soon to try and get some good hay.

it just seems that when i try and just give her one bowl of PAH pellets and a wee bit of vitakraft young nuggets she eats all that and then sits and looks at her bowl and hops over to the food cupbpoard as if FEEEEED MEEE MOMMMMY!!! and when i do put food in its gone in 5 mins i feel like im underfeeding her if i only give her a small amount!!:oops:

best to get it checked out...cause if it is respiratory infection it needs to be treated and they wont do her myxi jab if shes not 100%

Back