• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help Needed Please- WICKHAM, HAMPSHIRE

I'm fairly close but can't get down there and I don't have any hutches or space argh :censored:

Have forwarded the link on to a copy of other bunny savvy friends I know nearby

If a bunny run can be arranged, they could go straight to ARC. Donna offered to do part of the trip, you'd just need to find a day and time that suits everyone.

I live 1hr 39mins. I can help if you need me too but im not what exactly you want doing?? I can sex them but if u needed to take some on, i will try and find some hutches somehow?? I am here to help if ur desparate!!

I live 1hr 39mins. I can help if you need me too but im not what exactly you want doing?? I can sex them but if u needed to take some on, i will try and find some hutches somehow?? I am here to help if ur desparate!!

hope u can make sense of that, doing 2 things at the same time puts me off what im writing lol

Thanks for your offers.
What we need is someone to go in and take the bunnies she is handing over. They then need to be got here to us - probably to Helen in Bracknell as this is nearer and then Helen will bring to me.
But, very importantly, we need to make sure that she is only left with the three rabbits that have been neutered - ask her which they are straight away so she tells the truth. She can't be left with any unneutered males (for obvious reasons) but also no unneutered females as they are sure to be pregnant and the whole thing will start again.

ARC aren't looking for accommodation for these buns they are looking for someone to go in and get the babies, sex them so that the lady is left with a pair, but that can't go on to have further litters.

So, the request is for someone to go to the ladies home and collect. I guess the person would need to be a fairly experienced adult, and someone who would be confident in dealing with someone who has allowed this situation to come about.

Transportation would then be helpful between the collection address and somewhere a bit closer to ARC in Twickenham say Waterlooville or similar.

The person at the other end would need to have their own transport I guess - don't think train would be an option with 11 bunnies in tow.

For further details, and if you think you might be able to assist, then please PM Donna. Or myself if she isn't on line. I'm happy to do as much here as possible.

Helen

I can do this. I can pick them up and take them to Bracknell in Berkshire as it is on the way. Bracknell is 2 plus hours from me. Do you know how many buns there is to collect and are they all living together, just so i have an idea of how many carriers / box's to take. I can go tonight if it's urgent? I finish work at 3pm??

Hi it's kind of you to offer but your avatar says you are in Dorset. If that's right then you'd be going miles out of your way to do this. I only live 63 miles from Wickham and 10 minutes from Bracknell.

Are you actually in Dorset?

Yeah I live in Weymouth, Dorset. If you can find someone who is closer then thats great but driving isn't a problem, I drive 1hr and a half to flyall training every week.

Yeah I live in Weymouth, Dorset. If you can find someone who is closer then thats great but driving isn't a problem, I drive 1hr and a half to flyall training every week.

okey dokey, thank you, we'll keep you posted.

It's very kind of you to offer.

By the way, you'll have to put a link up for any flyball vids that you've got as I would love to see them and I am sure that others would too:D

thats ok, ill always help if i can :) Have no idea how to post videos on here, have just worked out how to write on here!! haha!

Keep us all posted!!

When I first had a bunny (few years ago now) i bought 2 buns from the dreded pet shop but they were not 2 females at all!! 1 male, 1 female!! Ended up in a disaster with so many bunnies!!! All turned out ok in the end and I managed to find them all good homes and from that I learned allot about bunnies etc but it shouldnt of happened. Should be law to neuter all pet rabbits before they are sold!! lol.

What about getting some temporary boxes from Pets at Home, the boxes they send the sold bunnies home in. Im sure they might donate some. I agree with Donna that its imperative that someone, who can sex bunnies, should go in and sort out.

How close would Southampton Rescue be to them? Perhaps they might help with the sexing etc.

Im coming from Oxford to Twickenham on Thursday am driving up M25 and passing the M3 junction if that helps.

What about getting some temporary boxes from Pets at Home, the boxes they send the sold bunnies home in. Im sure they might donate some. I agree with Donna that its imperative that someone, who can sex bunnies, should go in and sort out.

How close would Southampton Rescue be to them? Perhaps they might help with the sexing etc.

Im coming from Oxford to Twickenham on Thursday am driving up M25 and passing the M3 junction if that helps.

Southampton RR and Cat & Rabbit in Sidlesham plus RSPCA Stubbington Ark are the closest to these guys, I don't know what the situation is with Southampton RR but I should imagine that Cat and Rabbit would help if you asked them.

I've got contact details for C&R if you need them.

There is also ASAP in Waterlooville but they don't take in bunnies anymore although they may be able to help with sexing and removing, again I've contact details for them too.

Donna/ Helen...I can help.

I am happy to go and get them and bring them to you. I can do this later today as I am not working. My only issue is boxes etc. I have a 24" dog crate that I use for vet trips and a cat carry case (could also borrow my mums too)

Let me know.

Have pm'd you both my number. x

Donna/ Helen...I can help.

I am happy to go and get them and bring them to you. I can do this later today as I am not working. My only issue is boxes etc. I have a 24" dog crate that I use for vet trips and a cat carry case (could also borrow my mums too)

Let me know.

Have pm'd you both my number. x

What a star !! :wave:

Thanks for all the responses.

Erin (buuny-friend) and I are going to go ourselves as we feel it will be less complicated than organising a multiple person bunny run. We have sufficient carriers etc too so that'll make life easier.

Should be going down on the weekend so watch this space for news.

Once again, thanks for everone's suggestions, much appreciated.

Helen:D

Back