• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my captain is a freak

Captainsfluff

Warren Scout
:cry:

It would seem that Captain and Velvet (from threads war & peace and forever humping) are not meant to be.

I phoned Jill from Honeybunnys last night and my captain is still relentlessly humping Velvet like an un-neutered buck when his castration was almost 2 years ago and a sucess!

Other experienced bonders that have been contacted do not have any answers and Velvet is finding his strange and rude behaviour increasingly alarming. Everyone is confused.

The bonding has been abandoned for good and he will be returning home a single, and strange bun.

It is so odd that he never showed any frisky signs since his op or when i attempted to bond them at my flat. I hope he has not developed this humping as a new learned behaviour he will be bringing home! I don't know what I would do if he came back a sudden raging humper. It used to really freak me out before his castration!

I am sad that Velvet will not be coming home with me to live as captains friend. I hope someone nice adopts her :cry:

It was mentioned that he could be tried with another lady Whisper, I think I may just bring him home alone though. He will probably just do weird uncontrolled humping with her too!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry it didn't work out with Velvet but it sounds as though the humping was very extreme. :(

I don't have much experience, so probably talking rubbish, but is it possible he could behave differently with a different female? For example, one who wouldn't be prepared to put up with the humping? Maybe he just needs to be put in his place.

I am not sure, Jill offered as I said to try him with another female she has called Whisper. I agreed at first but have had second thoughts, I don't really want to get my hopes up again as before the excess humping and after the fighting things looked promising. I think he may just not be cut out to be in a bunny relationship.

I also feel quite guilty about Velvet (or Whist as she was originally named at honeybunnys) having to be returned for adoption. This is her second time being sent back to be re-adopted for no fault of her own and I did get attached to the idea that she would be coming to live with me, especially after looking after her at my house for the first week.

I do miss captain also, this is the longest I haven't seen him for!

It's a toughie, isn't it. I was worried when we went to meet Bubbles that she and Alfie wouldn't get on, but luckily they did and it must be even harder for you because you've started getting to know Velvet too. :(

yeah, I think I am just going to arrange to pick him up tonight on his lonesome. It seems I have a difficult little man with behavioural problems when it comes to the ladies!

Maybe he just needs a more dominant lady to tell him that NO means NO?? The same thing happened with my Fozzie and Archie until she stood her ground and told him no and they've lived happily ever after.

Don't give up too soon!

Just to add
poor Velvet was doing all the righ things..allowing him to hump and grooming him like mad..over the space of 3 days he just will not stop humping ..except to eat and rest when he is tired...about 30 seconds:shock:.I've never seen this before and poor girlie bun was getting so stressed
He isn't aggressive just constant..he literally wears himself out..shame as Velvet accepted him right away and thought it would work out

Thanks for the responses. Jill and I are still umming and ahhing over what to do about them, as they do obviously like each other and are not trying to hurt each other. we are giving it another few hours to see if they can be moved to another centre to be bonded. Really want them to sort this humpy thing out.

She thinks it may be the possible smell of other rabbits that is making captain act this way, although he cannot see any other rabbits. So maybe we can send them somewhere with an EVEN more neutral bonding area and see what happens.

We will find out later if this can be done. I hope it can be!

over the space of 3 days he just will not stop humping ..except to eat and rest when he is tired...about 30 seconds:shock:.

:shock::shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I really hope something can be sorted out with Captain, the super randy bun.

try a bigger female with a bit of omfp, although size doesnt really matter in bondings it does sometimes help, the bossy female i helpt bond was a large english conti cross, she has only known very small buns to bond with, it and jim who is small was a no go with her i had to take him out but i put her with his dad whos much bigger and he didnt stand for her bossyness and they are now happly bonded though shes still trying to be bossy :lol:

i also agree about the smells of other buns linus was very very rampant and if i have two sets of runs with buns near by he goes nuts and makes sure shes not flirting with others :lol:

thanks areia, It could be right about the other bun smells then if your Linus does this too, intersesting. Maybe he is just trying to assert his authority to all the invisiable buns that he can smell but not see, rather than to velvet. Maybe this can be fixed.....

Although it may work o give him a bossier or bigger lady I am really holding out hope for velvet as she does like captain, just not the sexual harrasment :lol: I don't want to have to have her rehomed again if possible. As I have adopted her to be captains girlie bun her old living space at the centre has been filled by another bun which is causing another dialemma. Someone would have to take her on asap if captain was to go with another girl or come home single.

Just need to stop him mounting her and they should be fine as they do like one another, just need the humping to cease so they can get on with being PLATONIC friends :lol:

is there anywhere else you can try the bonding who doesnt have any other buns or even pets,

did they try the car jounery trick i know this sometimes helps with aggressive buns , i even had to carry tigerlily and bramble to school as i couldnt trust her not to be nawty

Jill is looking into sending them to another centre she knows of that have a bigger and possibly more suitable bonding area.

I am calling her later to see if this is a possibility, becuse Jill has got them in her house to bond and there are alot of rabbits kept elsewhere there I think she is thinking that their smells may be being walked through into the bonding area. I am not sure as I have not seen the area.

I am hoping that they can go to this new place though. Not that I know where it is.....

I don't think they have been in the car in the same carier before, I know they werent when I sent them to honeybunnys where they are at the moment.

Back