• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and mud!

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
Ahh so what do we all do when its been raining but we still need to let the rabbits out? I let my rabbits out in the garden but have not been able to much recently and I feel sorry for them. They hate being in their hutch and usually only get locked in over night, but with the weather they have been in there for most of the day.

I also have pavement in the pen and thats getting soaked and dirty, and they hay in there hutches is also getting damp. I do have covers over the hutches but thats only keeping the wind off. Ahh blooming sick of this wet weather!

I know this weather! I keep mine in the house and they have been very very naughty of late due to not going out in the garden.. But what can you do? Can't let them out in this weather we have been having of late.

I actually had a "rabbit party" a couple of days ago lol I put their food out on plates and brought them all into the house for a bit of hoppy time, well at the end you can imagine what my house looked like with 11 rabbits running around :lol:

You are brave! I have my handsfull with just 2!! I take my hat off to you.. with this weather when they can't get out and they get naughty - a medal you deserve!!

A bit of rain/mud won't do any harm as long as you leave them access to shelter. If the ground is very wet (deep boggy mud puddles) you can put a mat over that lets water soak through but stops them sinking.

Tam

Mine were out all day yesterday except the cashies. They had access to loads of shelter if they wanted it, including their shed, but most chose to sit in the rain. :shock:

Mines still out and sat in it, he has various places to go to shelter if need be, i went out the other day and when i came back OH had shut in his little shelter hutch i asked if he'd shut him in he said yeah i didn't want him to get wet :lol: didn't have the heart to tell him :oops:

Back