• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits & Real Christmas Trees....

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I was possibly thinking about getting a small real tree this year, but as mine will definately be chomping at the bottom branches, I wanted to check if this is okay for Rabbits??

thanks x:)

mm well my old neighbour sadi as kids they fed theirs to their buns once xmas was over..and indeed shes done it for her buns..i havent seen ehr for years but they did survive it.

BUT it is actually toxic for buns:shock:

TOXIC!!:shock::shock: OMH thanks for telling me, I didn't know that.

I'm trying to find a small thin, possibly half, an atrificial christmas tree for the space in my bedroom for my bunsters. I can't seem to find any. Anyone know a good site?

I believe it depends what kind you have. The pine trees I think are toxic but I've often seen spruce listed as a safe knawing twig. We had a spruce last year and have the loggy part to the outdoor buns once we'd stripped it and they're all still alive. :)

I believe it depends what kind you have. The pine trees I think are toxic but I've often seen spruce listed as a safe knawing twig. We had a spruce last year and have the loggy part to the outdoor buns once we'd stripped it and they're all still alive. :)

Oh thanks Deelove, which kind of spruce did you get? I'm novice with the real trees and there seem to be so many kinds!!

I've always been told not that pine needles can be very dangerous as they have an inedible waxy coating and may impact in their(bunnies) tums, and holly and yew are also toxic . So I just took the advice and didn't chance it!

Back