• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a very sad story.

cookie&kasie

New Kit
I got a phone one wednesday lunch from my boyfriend say that he was going to be bringing a rex rabbit home. the rex had a few problems as the previous owners returned back to where my boyfriend worked. The poor thing had shawdust stuck in his eye and an abuses had formed. I took him to the vets a few times and they tried to sort it out. The vet did say where ever on a rabbits body that they get an abuses it will keep reforming and wont go away. So unfortunley i had him put sleep as i didnt want him to be in pain. It did break my heart as he used to wide the dog up and come to call bless him :cry:

That weekend boyfriend brought me two new female rex. A white and grey and smaoke grey. On the sunday i notices that the white and grey had mucus coming from her bum, and unfortunley she died on the tuesday morning :cry: so i was able to get another rex free! with a day my other rex had come down with the same thing so i took them both to the vets and got them both injected. Spice the smoked grey one seemed to get better until she took a turn for the worse on the sunday and that was it, down hill from there:cry: so on the tuesday i had her put to sleep as the vet didnt think she would even make it through the night and she would suffer which i didnt want. :( so i still had cookie her sister which replace the one that had already died. The injection save cookie life:D

when cookie was on her own she sort of got very depressed so we decided on get a mini lop to go in with her but she just didnt want her anywhere near her so lucky the mini lop got on with my guinea pig so shes gone in with them and cookie has had live on her own.:bunny:

Last edited:
Yeah i agree :? They may seem like theyre 'getting on' but the bunny could injury your piggy :( id hate that to happen :?

aawww i am so sorry to hear you have lost so many of your pets:( Did the vet tell you what was wrong with them? What was the injection that they had? I think its really important to know what it was so that you can prevent it happening again. Afraid i agree with the above posts.. rabbits and guinea pigs really shouldnt live together. What happened when you put the two rabbits together? Do they just ignore each other or fight? If they ignore each other its ok.. it may take time for them to bond.. as long as they are not hurting each other. Bonding works best in neutral territory, ie one where neither rabbit has been before;) Maybe post in Rabbit Chat if you would like more advice around this.

aawww i am so sorry to hear you have lost so many of your pets:( Did the vet tell you what was wrong with them? What was the injection that they had? I think its really important to know what it was so that you can prevent it happening again. Afraid i agree with the above posts.. rabbits and guinea pigs really shouldnt live together. What happened when you put the two rabbits together? Do they just ignore each other or fight? If they ignore each other its ok.. it may take time for them to bond.. as long as they are not hurting each other. Bonding works best in neutral territory, ie one where neither rabbit has been before;) Maybe post in Rabbit Chat if you would like more advice around this.

it was ok until my mini loped move and thats when my rexs would go for her. they ahd an antiboictic injection and the vet just didnt know what it was. i did meantion a postmortune and he said he didnt think he would find anything which could help solve it!:(

Back