• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for an old girl bunny - South East

Oldie Bunny

Warren Scout
This is Jasper

jasper6.jpg

He's somewhere between 11 and 13 years old and sadly lost his companion this summer. I've tried but failed to bond him into my trio of older bunnies so I need to find a nice single older girl looking for a home. The older the better really.

My personal preference is not to have a lionhead or a very large rabbit. The lovely french lop at the Rabbit Residence has already been suggested but if there is a smaller/closer female rabbit needing a home then I'd be very pleased to hear about her!

I'm in Chertsey, Surrey.

Hiya.

He is absolutely bloomin' gorgeous. He's not related to Jill Luvabun's Totty is he? Sure looks like it!:love::love: Can't believe he's that age.

I'll keep my ears open - I work at a vets and often get to hear about buns needing homes. I'm in Windlesham.

Keep us posted on his dating please!

Oh yes, and more pictures would be wonderful.

Nose snog from me too.

he is gorgeous and has aged well he still looks like a very young rabbit:D I hope you find him the perfect companion.
Sallyx

http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk/animals.asp?i=1623 an almost 4 year old bun which is not too far from you.

Very tempting as definitely close by, but 3 or 4 is very young compared to 12. Even my younger bunnies are aged from 6 to 10 years!

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=11783 what a cutie!
Here are the seniors on RR if you haven't already looked. Hope you find him a girlfriend soon :D

Thank you, I've been keeping an eye on RR while trying to persuade Jasper than he will get on with the trio.

Hiya.

He is absolutely bloomin' gorgeous. He's not related to Jill Luvabun's Totty is he? Sure looks like it!:love::love: Can't believe he's that age.

I'll keep my ears open - I work at a vets and often get to hear about buns needing homes. I'm in Windlesham.

Thank you. There do seem to be more older boy bunnies around than girls, which I suppose you can understand with the cancer risk in un-neutered girls.

Jasper says thank you everyone for your kind comments, he looks better now and is more mobile than when he arrived here two years ago!

OK, plan B is that Bobtails have very kindly offered to try and bond Jasper in with the other 3 oldies this weekend. If that doesn't work out then then hunt is on again on Monday!

OK, plan B is that Bobtails have very kindly offered to try and bond Jasper in with the other 3 oldies this weekend. If that doesn't work out then then hunt is on again on Monday!
Hi Karen and I hope you don't mind me saying this. I know Bobtails have squillions more bunny knowledge than me but I hope they don't give up after just a couple of days. Tracy at Rugby didn't think it was going to work for my trio in the first couple of days but persevered. I'm so glad she did as anyone who's seen my trio will confirm how totally joyous they are together so it was so worth the patience.

I appreciate every bonding is different and if it's nasty the first day, I wouldn't even get past that.

Best of luck for the lovely Jasper. (who is so handsome he certanly could be Tottis brother ;) ).

I have every confidence that Delia won't give up without due cause! I don't have huge belief that it will work out though as I've tried bonding them myself (I've been successful bonding pairs and trios before) and the two boys started biting each others faces. Bottom nipping and fur pulling I can accept but face biting is a bit norty.

Plan C might possibly be a 10 year old girl who is due in at Bobtails next week, but fingers crossed for an easy bonding at the weekend!

I have every confidence that Delia won't give up without due cause! I don't have huge belief that it will work out though as I've tried bonding them myself (I've been successful bonding pairs and trios before) and the two boys started biting each others faces. Bottom nipping and fur pulling I can accept but face biting is a bit norty.

Plan C might possibly be a 10 year old girl who is due in at Bobtails next week, but fingers crossed for an easy bonding at the weekend!
I can't even cope with the bottom nipping and fur pulling :oops:. I'm pleased for the delicious Jasper that there's a plan C on the horizon should plan B fail :). All fingers and paws crossed here.

good luck with them have you treid alice at carrot tops(formally alices rabbit rescue) in gloucester? if she has anybun suitable then i would happily transport as i do often go to glos to visit mum, so somebun in that direction i could collect if it helped?

Back