• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My boys & neutering

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Well, it's been 11 days since my boys were neutered. I have to say, I don't know why I was worrying so much! They have recovered brilliantly! Firstly, when I went to pick them up after the op, the vet told me to check their 'bits' daily to make sure they were healing nicely etc. They didn't even look like they'd been operated on! The vet told me she had glued them, rather than use stitches as she found glue to be more successful with rabbits. It just looked so neat! I was so surprised! I think I was expecting something more gory that would make me queezy, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Bunnies started eating and drinking moreorless straight away! Since that day, they have gone from strength to strength, and are now back to their cheeky monkey little ways again! :D

So, to anyone who is about to neuter their boy for the first time, and who is really nervous like I was, don't be!
I'm so glad that my boys are now done :D

I'm glad it all went well. :) I was nervous before Alfie's op too, but he bounced back really quickly too so I would like to second what you've said & encourage anybody who's dithering to get it done. :)

Hiya :D same for my Hiro, he bounced back in a couple hours after bringing him home. Kiki took a few days though, she looked so tired after her spay (it's been over two weeks since they were done)

Glad to hear your boys have recovered x

Back