• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini rex how big are they, or how big do they get

areia

Wise Old Thumper
im familiar with normal rexes but linus i have is a mini rex, and looking through sites they all seem larger than linus, can you get even smaller ones,or is poor linus a runt of the litter, ive had him 6 months now and i was assuming when i will nabbed him from donna :lol: he was around 3 months old, i havent measured him but hes inbetween the size of a dwarf and a dutch, im not worried about him as hes pretty healthy happy bun with his large lop wifey though he will have dental for the rest of his life as that how he came to me im just curious as to how big they normaly are and can get, as hes only grwon a teeny bit in the 6 months ive had him

DSC00433.jpg
[/IMG]
i dont use sawdust anymore as i know about the hock problem they can get
Picture044.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
naw its because hes hunched up, it took him weeks before he vegged out his life was in one of those collapseable plastic boxes you know you can get which was on its side with a wire mesh bit in the front, when donna picked him up there was no sign of hay at all, the only thing he would eat at first was strawberries and carrots which i reckon naffed up his teeth, since then he now lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves oat wheat and barley hay, but it could be cause his missus nabbs all the food first so hes learnt to eat quicker :lol: thats his winter coat its thicker so makes him look really fluffy too still short but fluffier

According to the British Rabbit Council mini rexes are between 1.7kg and 2.04kg and standard rexes are between 2.72kg and 3.62kg but these are for show rabbits so there will be alot of variation :)

Gosh when i had mini rexes in with me they came in at 2.9!! When they left they were about 2.6 and think vikki has got them down to 2.4ish now which we though was about right :? Obviously we were wrong - no wonder you thought they looked podgy Lucy :roll: :lol: :oops: xXx

This is Dennis, my orange mini rex who weighs 1.8kgs, the same as my nethie x :)

bestbud2.jpg

These two, Dexy and Monty are standard rexes, a castor and an opal :love:

bestbuds1.jpg

I didn't mean your bunny looked podgy,:oops: he looks fine. I mean my boy is a bit on the podgy side, well thats what the vet said I just think he's big boned :lol::lol::lol:

Back