• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got soaked while cleaning out rabbits!!!

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
:lol::roll::oops:

I got soaked whilst cleaning out the rabbits this evening. My dad said that I couldn't clean them out in that rain, but I have to. Rabbits come first. What we do for our rabbits, eh? :roll:

It's at times like this I'm glad Josie is a house rabbit! I had to venture out in to the rain to uni that was enough for me! Hope bunnies appreciated the clean hutch!

Its a good thing you did.
I neglected cleaning their cages for a few days because of rain and it ended with the humidity causing my rex to get sore paws:shock:
His cage hadn't been cleaned in a while, I admit that:roll:

What do you do with all your waste if your cleaning out every day? I struggle as our household dustbin gets emptied fortnightly and I have to take sacks of rabbit waste to the skip which is a pain.

What do you do with all your waste if your cleaning out every day? I struggle as our household dustbin gets emptied fortnightly and I have to take sacks of rabbit waste to the skip which is a pain.

Agree :? I clean out the litter trays daily but the rest of the hutch weekly as its not 'messed' in as such. I have 3 outdoor cages and 1 indoor so am always at the dump weekly :( Hate the fortnightly collection thing :evil:

I too clean out every day, more so litter trays and storage boxes...

We are also on two weekly bins, it is hard, but we now have two bins ;) if not we go to the tip!

I too got soaked this morning lol, i was well wrapped up though so didnt mind :D

:D

I clean the rabbits hutch every day, as it just gets so dirty, and I like them to have a clean hutch for the night.

I have to do my Guineas often as they are so messy. Luckily all my bunnies are litter trained so I only have to do those every day and the rest twice a week.

But you are right...the things we do for our little ones!

I clean out the bedroom area completely and pick out poos from the litter trays and the run every day. I fill up a brown bin (garden waste) weekly, and it gets emptied weekly too.

You are lucky- we dont have a garden waste bin, I'll have to stick to my trips to the tip. I have 4 rabbits living in two outside hutches, I do the litter trays every other day and the hutch part one a week because they really dont mess up there. In this horrid wind and rain I am constantly sweeping up wet hay and straw that has blown into the runs. Roll on spring!

On and off from yesterday the rain here has been so heavey and ive thought thank god my lot are indoor buns.

We have fortnightly bin emptying and its a nightmare. I have 3 rabbit cages, full cleaned dailey and litter trays dailey, 3 large rat cages, 1 hamster cage and at the moment 5 mice cages, 2 of them being actual rat cages (freddy 2's) My bin is full in a week so at the moment the house on the end is empty and im using there bin :oops:

Compost :wave:

I compost my bunny waste, recycle everything I can and I get my black bin about 3/4 full in two weeks.

Our council won't recycle brown waste so we have to compost it. We don't have a composter, so it goes over the fence :oops: (everyone else down the street does it too hahahahah)

Ooooh, I'll have to look into that :)

It's so funny looking along the bottom of our gardens. It's all little black composters, grass cuttings and then mountains of woodshavings at mine hahahah

Back