• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates HELP Essex UD/ Finally done!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
If anyone could be polite enough to come over and sjow me how to put up some :censored: dog crate that wont open:censored:, spent 30 mins trying, have shredded half the :censored: paint off my wall, and still the :censored: wont open:censored:. I have 5 buns staying in tomorrow from ops and the :censored: thing wont open

Last edited:
48 inch

one is metal, other is plastic, i can open the first fold if that makes sense, the rest wont budge.

Im now going to have to repaint wall and i dragged them all the way upstairs :evil:

ok usually the sides fold out first... check that the cathc thingy isnt across or that the locks to the doors the bolts arent acroos either or the handles that some have on the top causght. if none of above....er i dunno good luck i would help but im a bit of a way away..with mine you pull the flap out to side...pull the other flap out teh other way thenthe sides are all joined to the lid.. you sortv shift them diagnally....then it comes up...

I can pull the first flap thing open, which looks to be the side and top, but they wont unflap from each other, and i can not go any further.

I cant believe im screeching at a crate:evil:

walk away take deep breath hve a coffee and go bk to it i bet it goes up easy, i know these things are a pain chances are someone thrown it shut and its gotten caught is there no neighbour or anyone one you can holler near by to help

is there any other clips to the side take a pic we canny see

if i was closer i would come help :( yuo may need to get a bit violent some times the metal catches i normally put it in a wide space hold the top layer of metal (top of crate) near the join closest to the crate and try giving it a good shake (watch yuor fingers!) if that doesnt work yuo need to check none of the travel clips, handles etc are holding the piece down also sometimes the metal flips a bit inside the clips that secure it togther so i would check all those look right too. hope you get it sorted soon, is the crate a new one? as they can be really stiff (especailly dog health ones :lol: )

walk away take deep breath hve a coffee and go bk to it i bet it goes up easy, i know these things are a pain chances are someone thrown it shut and its gotten caught is there no neighbour or anyone one you can holler near by to help

ive had to!!
Theres one in the kitchen and one in my room :roll:

Nope, mums out (and is annoyed at me)
Neighbours on one side hate me as i scare their children and the other neighbour might have, but has back problems and has just got home from work :(

if i was closer i would come help :( yuo may need to get a bit violent some times the metal catches i normally put it in a wide space hold the top layer of metal (top of crate) near the join closest to the crate and try giving it a good shake (watch yuor fingers!) if that doesnt work yuo need to check none of the travel clips, handles etc are holding the piece down also sometimes the metal flips a bit inside the clips that secure it togther so i would check all those look right too. hope you get it sorted soon, is the crate a new one? as they can be really stiff (especailly dog health ones :lol: )

Its a second hand one, ive tried thrashing it (which ended up taking half paint off wall :shock:

To my knowledge there are no clips, i cant see anymore...>.<

try fiddling with the bits of metal that holds the side to the top, sometimes they get twisted and wont budge, you just fiddle and turn them, it might loosen

I have to open mine in the middle of the room, away from any walls and sofas. The top and the two longer sides come up in one go then. After that I have to pull up each of the shorter sides individually.
Is there a handle on the roof part?

I have to open mine in the middle of the room, away from any walls and sofas. The top and the two longer sides come up in one go then. After that I have to pull up each of the shorter sides individually.
Is there a handle on the roof part?

Thats the design they are! I cant see a handle though.

Back