• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong with her? U/D Seen Vet!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Bella weighed 2.15KG, within a week she dropped to 1.84KG, its nearly two weeks later, so i will see what she weighs today.

I have a feeling she has dropped even more and i really need to find out the cause.

I have started feeding her on her own away from the group, and she seems happy eating, she is drinking and eating hay but her weigh seems to be dropping off her, i had a cuddle with her today before i put her back with the others in the run, she was quiet and didnt struggle, i stroked her could feel every bone in her back and legs, she does have a belly, but she is all bones, whereas with my others i can barely feel there bones...

Im lost and its starting to upset me, as i dont seem to get any answers...:(

Last edited:
has she had bloods done? same thing happened to my duchess she was eating and popping ok but losing weight badly she had liver disease though possibly live cancer. i seriously hope this isnt what your bun has loads of vibes for your little one :love:

almost forgot have you triedher with a few soaked oats a day? it really helps them gain some weight :)

has she had bloods done? same thing happened to my duchess she was eating and popping ok but losing weight badly she had liver disease though possibly live cancer. i seriously hope this isnt what your bun has loads of vibes for your little one :love:

almost forgot have you triedher with a few soaked oats a day? it really helps them gain some weight :)

The Vet mentioned doing her bloods when she was "off it" last time.

It has been mentioned that she has alot of "poo" inside her, but nothing further than that...she always has soft large poo's but i never seem to get any answers from the Vet in how to sort this out...:?

Havent tried oats as some said it could cause more problems if she does have a blockage..:?

I think blood tests are a good idea, even if they come back clear it will at least put your mind at rest :)

Unfortunately the bunnies I have had that have been loosing weight have either had liver problems or some kind of cancer, unless it was obviously dental problems :(

I think blood tests are a good idea, even if they come back clear it will at least put your mind at rest :)

Unfortunately the bunnies I have had that have been loosing weight have either had liver problems or some kind of cancer, unless it was obviously dental problems :(

Whats getting me down is the Vet doesnt seem concerned..
Would you change Vets? I am thinking this is the right option?
What do i do if i take her today and her weight has dropped even more?

Big question, do i separate her and bring her inside?

:(

Whats getting me down is the Vet doesnt seem concerned..
Would you change Vets? I am thinking this is the right option?
What do i do if i take her today and her weight has dropped even more?

Big question, do i separate her and bring her inside?

If her weight has dropped again I would demand blood tests if the vet doesn't agree then look for another vet.

If you think she is ok outside I would leave her with her partner but maybe give her sperate and extra meals. I sometimes do this putting the bun in a carrier box inside their living space for half an hour to give them the chance to eat:)

Good luck with the vets x

If her weight has dropped again I would demand blood tests if the vet doesn't agree then look for another vet.

If you think she is ok outside I would leave her with her partner but maybe give her sperate and extra meals. I sometimes do this putting the bun in a carrier box inside their living space for half an hour to give them the chance to eat:)

Good luck with the vets x

Thanks Liz.
She is within a group of 4. My Vet suggested separating her so i could montior her wee's and poo's her drinking etc, but i was unsure whether or not to do this, so i began feeding her separate.

However weight (maybe its just me) seems to be dropping off her, thats why im going to take her to be weighed.

Just done a search on Kidney failure...she is eating and drinking but weight is dropping off her, how do they detect kidney failure? Bloods? What treatment do they give?

Sorry for questions, just rather worried...

I'm having the same problem with Biscuit. Her weight suddenly dropped. She went from about 3.3kg, to 2.3kg :(

We're making a complaint about the vet though as he was so rude. He didn't even call us into the room, he just nodded us through and stood silent for ages then went to look at the computer screen. We had to tell him what to do :censored:
He didn't even check her teeth. He got us to do blood tests on her, which came back fine and he said he would give her some antibiotics. What did he give us?! BAYTRIL :censored: I PAID £75 FOR A 1/4 FULL BOTTLE OF BAYTRIL THAT I CAN GET OFF MANDY CHEAP ENOUGH!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
Safe to say we're changing vets, getting a 2nd opinion and gonna try and get our money back.

I'm having the same problem with Biscuit. Her weight suddenly dropped. She went from about 3.3kg, to 2.3kg :(

We're making a complaint about the vet though as he was so rude. He didn't even call us into the room, he just nodded us through and stood silent for ages then went to look at the computer screen. We had to tell him what to do :censored:
He didn't even check her teeth. He got us to do blood tests on her, which came back fine and he said he would give her some antibiotics. What did he give us?! BAYTRIL :censored: I PAID £75 FOR A 1/4 FULL BOTTLE OF BAYTRIL THAT I CAN GET OFF MANDY CHEAP ENOUGH!!!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
Safe to say we're changing vets, getting a 2nd opinion and gonna try and get our money back.

Eeeek oh dear.

My Vet has been okay, he spayed her and noticed a build up of poo etc and i thought this was the problem, maybe a blockage, but he doesnt seem to be able to provide answers. He gave me Baytril twice now for her and bio-lapis for her water.

He told me to separate her from others, but i expressed i was concerned about this as she had a bond...

He doesnt seem to look at other possible causes and no he didnt check her teeth either, so i had to take her back in which he said they were fine? :?

I too am changing Vets pending her weight today.

I am so worried its Kidney failure...

If it was acute kidney failure there would be other symptoms, she would be drinking loads, and I mean loads. Poor Hamish use to sleep with his head nearly in the bowl towards the end. She would also be weeing a lot too.

Definately get bloods done, this will show how all major organs are working, including kidney and liver

If it was acute kidney failure there would be other symptoms, she would be drinking loads, and I mean loads. Poor Hamish use to sleep with his head nearly in the bowl towards the end. She would also be weeing a lot too.

Definately get bloods done, this will show how all major organs are working, including kidney and liver

Thanks Liz.
I am going to take her to be weighed and demand an appt with Vet.

She seemed okay this morn when she was eating, however she is now hunched up in the hay basket...

How long do bloods take? To get results i mean..

Im going to bring them in before vets, i dont have any snugglesafe, going to give towels, could i wrap a hot water bottle and use that?

Last edited:
If they are done in house, which might be all you need at the moment you should have the results by tomorrow. If they are sent to the lab it could take up to a week if they aren't testing for anything specific.

If they are done in house, which might be all you need at the moment you should have the results by tomorrow. If they are sent to the lab it could take up to a week if they aren't testing for anything specific.

Thanks Liz, i have brought them into kitchen and put a hot water bottle in for bella wrapped in a towel.

Got an appt at 4.10pm this afternoon

ETA she appears wobbly and just wants to sit still

Good luck, I hope they are able to help Bella, let us know how you get on :wave:

Thanks i do too, its a new Vet so we will see.
They inside at present, Bella is sat hunched up whilst the others are exploring, shes shown little interest is having a look around...

Okay so we have tried a new Vet. We saw a nurse today who gave Bella a really good check over.

Bella has lost even more weight as she now weighs 1.69KG, this is very alarming as 3weeks ago she was 2.15KG.

We are suspecting it been teeth related, but have an appt with Vet tomorrow at 9.10am. I thought i had noticed Bella grinding her teeth, the Nurse confirmed this today..She had a good look at her teeth but said it was hard to see the back ones with her going under GA.

The nurse was quite shocked at Bellas appearance and has said there is obviously something going on, so suggested we book an appt with the Vet to hopefully find out what it is and treat her.

I am keeping Bella with the others for the time been and feeding her separatly. The nurse suggested grated carrot and bananna, and also oats, how do i do the oats?

I feel as though i have let Bella down, even though i took her to the Vets twice before regarding this, it hasnt been picked up on, i feel my Vet has let me down and it is Bella that is suffering..

Lots of vibes for my beautiful girl please! :(

Aww sending lots of vibes.
Put the oats in a bowl and add cooled boiling water,mix up so all the oats have been soaked,you could add banana too.

You havent failed her at all.

I agree on the oats building bunnies up. I know a rescue that does that for the oldies:):)

I hope she makes a full recovery xxxx

Back