• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Men, argh!!! Rabbit related rant

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
I've been trying for weeks to get my hubby to adopt two more rescue rabbits. He was OK about getting another rabbit as long as it was a 'big house bunny'. I kept on saying these two I wanted could be house bunnies. But oh no he didn't listen. :(

Instead he goes out yesterday and comes back with a British Giant. From a breeder, I'm not happy. Well I am sort of because its another bun BUT I'm not happy he went to a breeder. :censored: Has he NOT listened to me at all? Usually he is so good with thing like that (he does as I ask). I wanted those rescue bunnies now I can't.

I told him to take it back but big argument later we still have bunny.

I've been trying for weeks to get my hubby to adopt two more rescue rabbits. He was OK about getting another rabbit as long as it was a 'big house bunny'. I kept on saying these two I wanted could be house bunnies. But oh no he didn't listen. :(

Instead he goes out yesterday and comes back with a British Giant. From a breeder, I'm not happy. Well I am sort of because its another bun BUT I'm not happy he went to a breeder. :censored: Has he NOT listened to me at all? Usually he is so good with thing like that (he does as I ask). I wanted those rescue bunnies now I can't.

now that he has done this you are probebly best to look after the rabbit and say to him as it will need company and cost us a lot in vet fees you will need to pay for bunnys neuter and vaccinations and pannacur (which with the rescue rabbits would have been already done) and also we will now have to adopt a rescue rabbit to give this one a freind. explain your reasons about the rabbit fro ma breeder and hope it was a responsible breeder..try and find out as much information abotu the breeder and the rabbits lines now so you know to expect any health problems in future. what is done is done.... look after and love this rabbit and hopefully its friend to be can be rescued

men not patient enough a giant is bound to need a good home at some point, like a big kid, its done now its not like you can take him back to the breeder it wouldnt be fair, but he will need a girlfreind makes sure thats a rescue one :)

:lol: just told my fella he will "rescue" it for you :lol: just like yours he wants a giant. but ive said no as we have 3 that are mine and one foster indoors already :roll:

Last edited:
That is disappointing Anne:( especially as so many need homes....

I know, he knew that. He knew who I wanted. Really not happy with him. He has no patience at the best of times, good job he has gone an a two day course, I might just about be talking to him by the time he returns.

You could always return it to the breeder..if its a good breeder then it will get another good home quickly..

Personally, I'd let him keep this bunny. He obviously chose it, and therefore he can pay for the vacs and neutering. Now you get complete choice on choosing bunny's 'rescue' friend :D That way, I think you and hubby will be happy, and a rescue bun still gets a new home too :)

x

I agree with what is done is done, sometimes you have to make a compromise. I hope you can grow to love this bunny.

awww hun he cant help being a bloke.. its really sweet i think... i wouldnt carte where ste got a bunny from if he cared enough to go out and get me one.... fat chance of that tho... im not allowed anymore pets :cry::cry:

I guess you cant change it now, but id make him pay for everything such as worming, vaccinations, neutering, just to prove a point, but hey thats what im like lol :lol:

You got any pics of new bun?

what is it about men & giants? My OH wants one too...I told him he's have to get rid of the TVR as not enough room in it for 2 1/2 bunnies plus a giant and me to all fit in a two seater.

what is it about men & giants? My OH wants one too...I told him he's have to get rid of the TVR as not enough room in it for 2 1/2 bunnies plus a giant and me to all fit in a two seater.

its me who wants a giant in our house, ste says no cus he dont like their huge ears :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I managed to find out where the bun came from yesterday, but he had already told the breeder I might try to get the bunny returned. She was understanding but because my hubby has made it clear that we have a great home etc for it she would rather I tried to 'get my head around it'.

So bunny now named Harry is here to stay. Of course I'll love it, it a rabbit, how could anyone not. Just wish he hadn't been so stupid. Probably jealous of my relationship with 'my' rabbits. Saying that on Sun Harry scratched him twice, I've handled him and I've been fine.

I get some pics today, Hubby took some on Sun night but his camera skills aren't too great. He said to me then you can show the people on the rabbit forum. :shock: Like I wanted to admit I have a stupid husband, I was almost too ashamed to admit what you have done.

You must have a really rare man there. I can't imagine there would be too many men who would go off, locate a breeder, and purchase a giant all by themselves:D

Back