• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

angel has lump/ fatty tumour removed

winnies angel

Mama Doe
We have found a lump on angel near her left shoulder its under skin but really big, dont know how we have not noticed before. It seems to move around a bit shes at vets tommorow please can we have some 'hoppy' thoughts for her, any ideas what it may be? Please dont say nasty things or I will .:cry:

Last edited:
It could be an abscess, they can come up quite quickly so would explain why you didn't notice before. There are other things it could be but the vet will be able to have a look and tell you what it is.

I hope she gets on ok.

Sendin lot of hoppy vibes to angel :love:

Is the lump hard or soft? Is she okay apart from the lump? eating/drinking/pooing/weeing?

If it is hard there is a chance it could be an abcess (rabbit pus is really hard :shock:). Is there the possibility angel could have been bitten by another rabbit/animal that could of got infected? When we got Bella she had a lump the size of a tennis ball by her right shoulder that her previous owner had left her with after another rabbit had a chomp on her. I completely panicked, convinced it was cancer or something equally awful, but infact was an abcess that was taken off the next day, and now she is absolutely fine.so don't worry.

I hope it all goes okay at the vet tomorrow.

i would pop her to the vet to find out it could just be a swelling where its been knocked it could be an abcess...maybe allergic reaction...maybe myxi related....possibly a tumour it could be somthing else completly you need to see a rabbit savvy vet tho o find out good luck xx

thanks

Thanx guys, really worried shes been through so much in her life and shes only 3 years old. Already been starved had mites bad eye couldn't see. Got rescued had to have tummy tuck due to starvation. Then found out recently her eye is poorly prob because of her teeth which are in terrible state (due to poor food diet)she also has had her front teeth kicked out at some point and she has mouth disease. Yet she is so affectionate and really cheeky how anyone would have hurt her. Let yous know tomorrow.

Its a fatty tumour

Sorry took a while, Angel went to vet and she felt lump. It is biggish so vet shaved patch over it and stuck needle in had a rake around then stuck it on slide. As far as she can see its a fatty tumour. She is checking her again tues and then making decision whether to remove it now or leave and see what happens.
She doesn't want to leave it and it gets too big as its on her shoulder and would stop movement but Angels fine 'hoppy' so wait and see. If does get removed it will go to lab to check it isnt more serious.
Angel has put quite a bit weight on in past fortnight so it may have been that which caused lump (been on diet recently and was losing weight too fast now gained it too quick) Think she just wanted to see her Aunty Honor really (thats the vet)

Back again

Well Angel had her lump removed poor girl. Shes still tired. It looks so nasty bless her (i'll put pics on web page later as I dont know how to do it on here) They removed lump and it was infected fat, so its been sent off to lab to be checked. Nearly died when had to pay £169.00. Have to do lots of overtime now for xmas. As buns have a very big list of what they want!

Back