• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry needs lots of dental treatment

bunniesbarnbabe

Warren Scout
Harry came into the rescue a few months ago. He is a gorgeous lionhead lop buck, aged approx 2 years old but sadly has been given a very bad start to life. He had been living with a family who could not be bothered with him. He had no bedding in his hutch, his litter tray was full with his toilet which had maggots!! Harry had never been on grass and basically left unloved. The owners friend persuaded her to sign him over to us at the rescue so he could receive the proper love and attention he so rightly deserves. Because of Harrys neglect he was on a very poor diet and as you can see from the pictures below, the effect this has had on him.
337104069.jpg

337104079.jpg

337104095.jpg

When Harry first came into the rescue, he could hardly open his mouth because of all his teeth, they had grown down, round and back up into the roof his mouth causing blocked tear ducts and an eye infection. He was underweight as he couldnt eat properly. His first stop was the vets to have his teeth trimmed and he quickly polished off a bowl of food. He is the same every meal time, he clears his whole bowl!! He has been to the vets again on a couple of occassions to have his front teeth trimmed as they will never grow straight again, His eye is clearing up now and now he has put some weight on the vet is happy for Harry to go under the anasthetic to have his back teeth seen to and his tear ducts flushed.
I am running a competion to help raise some funds for his treatment. we are asking people to make a donation and their name will be entered into a draw, on the 1st december the name drawn will win 7 days free pet boarding for one animal at Bunnies barn, if you would like to make a donation, please pm me for further details.
Harry is now turning into a lovely rabbit and will come to the hutch door to say hello now, he is not a big hay eater so we are trying to encourage using his teeth more by giving him lots of things to chew on. if anyone else has any ideas for his teeth to keep them shorter, they would be greatly appreciated also.

Hi,

I would like to make a donation but wouldn't be able to until the end of the month. Would that be ok????

B x

Last edited:
Willow is what I was adviced for my bun but she didnt like them much, apple tree branches are also a fave apparently! If you want a full pack of willow sticks let me no and I will gladly post them to you.

Back