• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tried to clip Ronnies Nails *rolls eyes*

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Just tried to do Ronnies nails... very unsuccessful!!

As hes still young, his nails are so sharp and when he catches my skin he always makes me bleed. So... i decided it'd just take the ends off his nails but he was having none of it!! I do all our other bunnies with no problems, lottie and george just sit there :) Ronnie is so big and strong i really have NO chance :? :oops:

Think hes going to have to go to the vets to have it done :roll: God knows what they'll think of me :oops: Anyone else take their bunnies to have their nails done or do you all do it yourselfs?? Any ideas on cost? Im guessing around £10 :? xXx

Noooooooooo i don,t do my bunnies nails.The vet does them(when i remember to ask)when they have their vac,s.The vet doesn,t charge me:D

costs £11 but theres no way i can cut buns claws alone and ste refuses to help after a bad experience when he once tried to cut ralphs claws... vets every time here :D

I took Honey the other week as I wasn't brave enough to do it. It cost £11.00. £11.00 well spent saves me worrying I am going to cut the quick.

Why cant you !!!!!

Strange, i'm deemed a young bun on here, but can quite easily cut all my buns nails, some of which are a good 11lb in weight, it seems alot of you wise old thumpers and warren veterans, need to learn how to turn your rabbits over and just take the points off.
The bunnies will normally lay happily upside down if they feel sercure, you wont learn how to do it if you dont try. Plus it's less stressfull for the bunnies to be done at home than going in a car to a strange smelling vets.:roll::roll:

Yeah i though it would cost around £10. Its worth it though, saves me getting bitten :lol: :oops:

Feel a bit better now i know you guys take yours to the vets too :D :D Thought everyone did it themselves on here :) xXx

i try and do teegs but i just keep them shortish and every 6 mnths at vaccs time he has them clipped properly (never been charged when done with vaccs) his are harder as they are very brown and extremally hard (even the vet said they were like trying to cut through rock :lol: )

bigglesbunny - when you turn a bun up side down it is called trancing a lot of people dont like doing it as it is a fear response :)

Strange, i'm deemed a young bun on here, but can quite easily cut all my buns nails, some of which are a good 11lb in weight, it seems alot of you wise old thumpers and warren veterans, need to learn how to turn your rabbits over and just take the points off.
The bunnies will normally lay happily upside down if they feel sercure, you wont learn how to do it if you dont try. Plus it's less stressfull for the bunnies to be done at home than going in a car to a strange smelling vets.:roll::roll:

Because im only human? Maybe :?

I said i do the other bunnies, but Ronnie is very... wild!! Id rather pay the £11 and have him safe and unhurt than do it at home and hurt him!! Wouldnt you?!? Just because im a certain thing on here doesnt make me an expert! Grr some people annoy me! Why comment if you have to act like an idiot? :?

Yeah i though it would cost around £10. Its worth it though, saves me getting bitten :lol: :oops:

Feel a bit better now i know you guys take yours to the vets too :D :D Thought everyone did it themselves on here :) xXx

Why does your PET rabbit bite you?:(

I wouldn't bother responding to that rude fool Becky.

Yeah, if you want to pop him over to work we can do them for you. I do friends bunnys nails and I'm sure I can manage that little (well not really little :lol:) tyke.

Im taking Poppys to have hers clipped, ive got no chance of doing them myself, shes too feisty:lol: Saying that Billy was no problem he,d sit on my lap while i clipped them and Roo as his clipped now while on my lap.Id never turn any of my buns on their backs, as it trances them.:D Deb

I wouldn't bother responding to that rude fool Becky.

Yeah, if you want to pop him over to work we can do them for you. I do friends bunnys nails and I'm sure I can manage that little (well not really little :lol:) tyke.

yeah... it is a rude fool isnt it :? Jeez

:lol: I shall bring him sometime in the week :D Shall give you a call before hand :) Really ought to get Poppa booked in again too :roll: She looked so nice last time!! She looks a mess now :lol: xXx

Yep, just give me a call after 11, best time is probably about mid afternoon. No charge obviously :D

Back