• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bouncing for joy?

GBNI

Warren Scout
I have bought Adrian a playpen for use in the house (he lives outside in a hutch normally and we're building him a big run) as it is too wet and cold for him the garden at present (his hutch a has a big bed of straw which he loves) and he seems to love it. I bring in all his food/toilet/toys etc and he has a great time running round it.
He keeps doing little leaps into the air though? My friend said it's a bounce of happiness? Is this ight? He seems very at ease in his pen. He either plays with his toys, baths or sleeps (he makes the cutest sleeping noises)

He's also getting better to lift out of the hutch :) He only runs one length of the hutch then sits and waits and lets me lift him. I tuck him in nice and close and keep him well supported as my tutor in college taught me. He sits and gets brushed and stroked for 5 minutes then I put him in the pen for a few hours.

Is what I'm doing ok?

he is doing Binkies!! a sure sign of a happy bunny, that and happy flops, where he just collapses in a heap. (which is kinda scary when you hav't seen it before.

I wouldn't be bringing him indoors at this time of year as it can seriously confuse him, and doesn't know whether to grow a winter coat or shed it. At this time of year he should either be an indoor bun or an outdoor bun. During the summer it is ok to bring them indoors but at this time of year it just confuese him

I have him in the sunroom, which is about the same temperature as outside :lol: there isn't any heat in it, the radiator is turned off as we don't use the room during winter. He seems to have a grown a winter coat already and has changed colour?

Charlie got fluffier, but didn't change colour, however, changing colour is not unheard of there are a few on here, whose winter coat is dramatically different to their summer

He's a lionhead and is normally grey but his coat is defo thicker and has a lot of white through it :) I wish I could rug the little guy like I rug up my horse! :lol:

Back