• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best bedding?

breeze

Mama Doe
hi can anyone tell me what the best bedding is for a lionhead?recentley got a 10 week old blue and white lionhead but es just giant ball of fluff.he was kept on sawdust but it took an hour too get out.was thinking of putting vetbed down and sing a litter tray with hay in.would this be suitable?als wht age can he be neutered?my other buck was 12 months so not sre on bay age.
lso is there any rescues in the stafforshire area?

newspaper and hay, i use for my long haired buns it still gets stuck but not half as bad as sawdust, personaly i never use sawdust at all

mine are very fluffy and i have trays with megazorb at the bottom and hay on top. Doesnt tangle in their fur too much unless they dig in it but its pretty easy to get out ;) Mine are indoor bunnies so cant advise about hutches.. would think as long as he has plenty of hay to snuggle up in he would be ok.

Hi, I use hay too - bought a bale from our local pet supplier. I used to use sawdust and hay for my dwarf lop but thought it would get tangled up in our lionhead's mane! They seem happy with it.

He can be neutered as soon as his testes drop, which can be anywhere from 12 weeks onwards.

I keep my girls (mini rexes) on newspaper and hay in their hutch outdoors. In their litter trays, they have wood pellets and hay.

Newspaper in litter trays/storage boxes, soft straw, and plenty of hay for outdoor buns!

Wood based cat litter for indoor buns in litter trays and newspaper in storage boxes.

x

Back