• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wee accident resulting is sore foot

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I was letting the rabbits run around in the garden as usual and had left the back door open by addient. I was in the house when I heard the door being blown in but it did not shut. I checked outside and Honey was sitting just outside the door looking a bit shocked.

I paniced as I thought the door must have been blown shut on her as she tried to come in and I think I was right. She is now running around the garden holding one of her front paws off the ground some of the time. She can move the foot OK as she pulled it away when I had her in my arms she just doesn't seem to want to put it on the ground some of the time. She is currently still running around the garden eating the grass.

Should I try and take her to an emergency vet today or should I just keep an eye on her?:cry:

Personally if this was me i'd see how she is and if she isn't any better by tomorrow i'd take her straight to the vets.

I wouldn't take her to the emergency vets because its not a life or death problem, i wouldn't think leaving her one day would harm her much and it could be she just bruised it. Do you think she is in alot of pain?

She's still hopping around the garden, she's putting it down a bit more gingerly than her other paw but apart from that she's behaving normally.

Came rushing up with Roly to get a treat just then.:lol:

sound like she will be OK. It is horrid when it happens, esp out of hours. if she is no better in the morning I would take her to the vet just to be on the safe side.

Yes i agree :) I don't think it sounds like she's done anything too bad like broken it otherwise she woudn't use it at all. She probs just got it banged on the door. You know what animals are like.. they tend to refuse to use a limb even when it's stopped hurting so you can never tell if it actually hurts or if it's phsycological lmao!

Thanks for the advice guys, she seems to be stepping on it a little better now. I'll be at work tomorrow but I'll ask my mum to keep an eye on her.

Back